About the Plugin
This plugin is based on the book The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor and looks to help you achieve the Happiness Advantage by training your brain to scan for the positive first giving you a boost in problem solving and creative thinking.
A Note: For now, this plugin takes over the standard
post post-type in the future I hope to make it so that it can be switched to take over the
post post-type or create its own post-type.
“The lens through which your brain views the world that shapes your reality, and if we can change the lens, not only can we change your happiness, we can change every single educational and business outcome at the same time.” -Shawn Archer
- Happy doctors have 3x more intelligence and creativity and make accurate diagnosis 19% faster
- Optimistic sales people out sell their pessimistic counterparts by 56%
- Students primed to feel happy before taking math achievement tests far outperform their neutral piers.
So how does this plugin help me?
Each day you will fill out a new post and do the following:
- 3 Gratitudes – List out three things that they are grateful for each day, not specifically from the last 24 hours, but anything at all that you can think of. Doing this as a daily exercise your brain will learn to scan the world for the positives first.
- Journaling – Write about 1 positive experience from the last 24 hours this allows you to relive it. This activity, much like the first one, trains your brain to think about and focus on the positives first.
- Exercise – Teach you and your body that your behavior matters.
- Meditation – 5 minutes each day to watch your breath go in and out, when doing this, try to remain patient and if you feel your mind drifting bring it back to focus. this will take practice, but it is one of the most powerful happiness lifters. Shortly after meditation you will feel calm and contentment and you will increase your awareness and empathy. Longer term affects of regular meditation include the rewiring of the brain to elevate your happiness baseline, reduce stress, and improve immune function.
- Conscious Acts of Kindness – Write 1 positive email praising or thanking someone in their social support network. Alternatively plan and carry out one positive act for someone in your social network, then write about it here, reflect on what you did and how it made you and the recipient of your positive act feel.
How do I contribute?
If you are a developer or would like to contribute to the code you can head over to the github repo and submit bug reports and/or create pull requests!
If you are a user and have no interest in the code, please hit me up in the support tab above, but be nice and please explain your problem fully so I can figure out how to best fix it.
Maybe you are interested in reading the docs.
Via WordPress Admin
- From your sites admin, go to Plugins > Add New.
- In the search box, type \’Absolute Happiness\’ and press enter.
- Locate the entry for the \’Absolute Happiness\’ plugin and click the \’Install\’ link.
- When installation is finished, click the \’Activate\’ link.
- You\’re finished, enjoy!
- Upload the
absolute-happinessfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress.
- You\’re finished, enjoy!
Where do I use this plugin?
Absolute Happiness takes over the standard post post-type. All you have to do is go to
Posts -> Add New and it will all be there for you. Once you publish it will automatically show up on the front end.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Absolute Happiness» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Initial Release