Dismiss Privacy Pointer Nag, (added in version 4.9.6 — partially GDPR OFF) and admin notification, when it is activated, or if it is in mu-plugins directory.
Development takes place at GitHub and Travis CI. Compatible with GlotPress Translations.
Aprobado en el repositorio del directorio de plugins el 09/05/2018
If you need to completely disable and remove all Privacy Tools, Privacy Pointers, Privacy Notifications Nag, you can use «Dismiss Privacy Tools«.
Based to the Detailed Guidelines 11 principle: should not hijack the admin dashboard.
- Users prefer and expect plugins to feel like part of WordPress.
- Constant nags and overwhelming the admin dashboard with unnecessary alerts detract from this experience.
- Upgrade prompts, notices, alerts, and the like must be limited in scope and used sparingly, be that contextually or only on the plugin’s setting page.
- Site wide notices or embedded dashboard widgets must be dismissible or self-dismiss when resolved.
- Error messages and alerts must include information on how to resolve the situation, and remove themselves when completed.
¿Porque hice esto?
Seem that the new privacy pointer is not totally auto dismissible when is clicked one of the any admin menu links, for example:
- If one of the any admin menu links was clicked, the privacy pointer disappear.
- If the dasboard admin menu link was clicked, the privacy pointer not disappear, return visible, and nagging user.
- The privacy pointer covers the thing it’s pointing at.
- The privacy pointer popup covers collapsed admin menu?
- The privacy pointer is misaligned to admin menu when exist other admin menu items of 3rd party?
- Don’t show privacy feature pointer to new users: doesn’t add the new callback to the dismissed_wp_pointers meta.
- The suggested code to auto dismiss it seem to not working well — remove_action( ‘admin_print_footer_scripts’, array( ‘WP_Internal_Pointers’, ‘pointer_wp496_privacy’ ) );
- The remove_action for pointer_wp496_privacy needed to be called from the admin_enqueue_scripts action with a priority of 11.
Add an admin pointer for new privacy features in version 4.9.6:
- The new features are very important for some users, because of their GDPR obligations.
- They’re also spread across multiple top-level menus, making them less discoverable.
- An admin pointer will help to ensure that users are aware of the new tools and how to find them.
Props desrosj, andreamiddleton, allendav, xkon. Fixes #43942?
Translators: leave all technical references in English!
Dismiss all the new feature pointers.
All pointers can be disabled using the following:
remove_action( ‘admin_enqueue_scripts’, array( ‘WP_Internal_Pointers’, ‘enqueue_scripts’ ) ); # This work but «unfortunately» as alternative solution that remove all pointers!
@param string $hook_suffix The current admin page.
Dismiss a pointer for the new privacy tools.
Privacy pointer can be disabled using the following:
remove_action( ‘admin_print_footer_scripts’, array( ‘WP_Internal_Pointers’, ‘pointer_wp496_privacy’ ) ); # This for now not work: due a bug? Investigating… wp496_privacy ???
@param string $hook_suffix The current admin page.
Issue (bug) fixed by my brother Garrett Hyder and tested from Pascal Birchler (swissspidy): refer to Ticket 45529 opened by Dale Harrison.
Thanks to Ross McKay (webaware) and Stephen Edgar (netweb) to support me in New Zealander (English) translations, in some typo errors, and some minor (English) error stuff.
Gracias a Fernando Tellado (fernandot) y Nilo Velez por apoyarme en las traducciones al español.
¡Gracias a todos!
A neat trick, is to put this single file dismiss-privacy-nag.php (not its parent directory) in the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory (create it if not exists) so you won’t even have to enable it, and will be loaded by default, also, since first step installation of WordPress setup!
Also, for translation functionality, put all files of the single languages (dismiss-privacy-nag-en_US.mo for example) that you need (not its parent directory) in the /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory (create it if not exists) and will also be loaded by default, since first step installation of WordPress setup!
Note that mu-plugins functionality is available since WP 2.8+ or greater and is not present in WP 2.7+ or previous.
The code of this plugin is not written with a PHP framework, but manually, with a simple PHP editor compatible UTF-8 without BOM, and Unix LF. To avoid code corruption, do not edit it with WordPress embedded editor, or with any specifications incompatible editor. This author is exonerated from any responsibility or damage (directly or indirectly) caused and due to the use of this bad practice.
súper ligero seguro, rápido, útil, fácil en los recursos del servidor
Dismiss Privacy Nag is developed by Luciano Croce, 13-years «officially» WordPress Plugins & Themes Developer Senior, Co-Author of plugin Classic Editor, polyglot (based on English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Ligurian), GTE en_GB & en_CA, PTE for Plugins & Themes in more languages, PTE for Italian WordPress.org & Plugins & Themes Directory, Local Manager of Ligurian Language Community for WP LIJ, Validator English (UK) for WordPress.com, translator for my & other projects, book author of TRUE DOS (the dark side of its history from the dark side of its users) Code Tweaker & Bug Hunter, Security Mechanic & WPMU Lover, Freelancer & Volunteer.
This plugin does not collect or store any user related data or personally identifying information, does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party websites. It only uses functionality that is available in WordPress. In those terms, it does not affect your website users’ privacy in any way.
This plugin does not collect or store any user related data or personally identifying information, but does not do anything to make your site less GDPR compliant. I have done my best to ensure that is 100% GDPR compliant, but I’m not a lawyer, so can’t guarantee anything. To determine if your site is GDPR compliant, please consult a lawyer.
No hay valoraciones para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Dismiss Privacy Nag» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«Dismiss Privacy Nag» ha sido traducido a 16 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
Traduce «Dismiss Privacy Nag» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
Aprobado en el directorio de plugins el 09/05/2018
Detailed changes are available on GitHub.
Fecha de lanzmiento: 14 de enero de 2019
- Solved issue that can’t correctly remove (wp496_privacy) from privacy pointer.
- Aligned the version number of Dismiss Privacy Tools with that of Dismiss Privacy Nag.
Fecha de lanzamiento: 7 de diciembre de 2018
- Bumping version (unofficial release) waiting this issue.
Fecha de lanzamiento 10 de mayo de 2018
- Public initial commit
Fecha de lanzamiento: 8 de mayo de 2018
- GitHub initial commit