Send text messages (SMS) to a group of people who can subscribe to your alerts just by sending you a text message.
- Sports Teams
- Boy Scout Troops
Why Not Do SMS By Email?
- Some plugins send their SMS as emails. This can be very confusing for your subscribers. James Dunn at WPMU.org explains why this is bad in his article, Why You Should Never Use the SMS Plugins in the WordPress Repository
- The carrier may add additional text. For example AT&T adds «FRM:», «SUBJ» and «BODY» to text messages sent via email.
- Sending SMS as an email you need to know the cell provider for each subscriber. When your subscriber changes carrier, your alerts won’t get delivered, because the phone’s email address will change.
- The caller ID number will be strange and un-recognized. For example «1 (410) 000-040». No, that’s not a typo, it only has 3 digits after the dash. And, that strange sending number is not guaranteed to be the same message to message.
- School closing and delays
- Meeting cancelations or time changes
- Reminders: «Don’t forget your field trip money», «Bookfair today», «Canned goods drive tonight»
- Sporting event cancelations or delays
This plugin is free, but it does required a paid service. We’d love to offer the whole thing for free, but the phone number and messages have a real cost associated with them. We’ve tried to price everything as fairly and cheaply as possible. There is no subscription or recurring billing. Unused messages are fully refundable.
- Install from the
pluginssection of your WordPress site, or Upload the plugin to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Get your secret token at www.kanagawa-sms-alerts.com
Kanagawa SMS Alertson your WordPress site enter your secret token
- Tell your readers how to subscribe by using in the short code
[kanagawa_subscribe]anywhere on your site
- Send your first broadcast with the widget on your WordPress site’s dashboard
No hay valoraciones para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Kanagawa SMS Alerts» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios