The Legoeso PDF Manager is a lightweight, simple but powerful PDF document manager. It helps you organize your PDF documents for easy display, and distribution within your WordPress site. It supports multiple file upload or bulk upload of files stored in a zip file.
Easily include all or a list of PDF documents into your posts by using one of the shortcodes. Secure access to your documents, only logged in users are able to view the documents you provide to your visitors.
- Download the latest Legoeso PDF Manager archive from WordPress and extract to a folder or alternatively search the WordPress plugin repository for Legoeso PDF Manager
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Bulk import of PDFs documents – easily drag and drop to upload a single document, a multiple documents or a zip file containing a multiple documents.
- Single or bulk delete of PDFs.
- Single or bulk download of pdf documents.
- Sort by category, document name, upload by, or date uploaded.
- Perform key word search on PDF documents.
- Easily list or display some or all documents by document id or category within a WordPress page.
- Quickly rename a document or its category.
- Secure access to all PDF documents, users must be logged in to access your documents.
- This plugin has much more to offer and can be used to parse the extracted text to harvest and store useful data from the documents you submit.
To add new PDF Documents, select Legoeso PDFs
- Locate Legoeso PDFs within the WordPress menu.
- Select a category, Drag and Drop your PDF documents to the upload area. You can choose to a single .pdf document, multiple documents or a zip file containing multiple PDF documents.
Documents can be grouped by categories.
- To add categories locate ‘Post’ within the WordPress Menu, select categories from the submenu.
- Enter your new category, click ‘Add New Category’ then return to Legoeso PDFs. The category will now be listed within the category drop-down menu.
Displaying PDF Documents
- To list your documents within your WordPress site. Simply create or edit a WordPress page, insert the shortcode [legoeso_display_documents] (or one of the shortcodes listed on the Legoeso settings page).
- Save and preview your page. A list of documents shall appear on the page.
- The Legoeso PDF Manager uses smalot/PHP PDF Parser and is not suitable for parsing very large files See: smalot/pdfparser and may generate out of memory allocation errors when attempting to parse some files. In cases of large files, no text parsing will be attempted, an image preview will be extracted instead.
- Encrypted PDF’s files can be uploaded, however, are not supported for extraction or image preview.
- E-mail PDFs – @ request
- Restrict documents by user groups – @ request
- Extract and harvest data from pdf documents that can be stored – @ request
How do I get started?
- Downpload, install and activate the Legoeso PDF Manager on your WordPress site.
- Locate ‘Legoeso PDF’s’ within the admin menu.
- Select or drag your documents to the drop area.
How do I include my PDF documents in my post
- Simple. Just include the shortcode [legoeso_display_documents] within your page. You can display your PDF documents on any page by using any of the shortcodes listed in the Legoeso Settings admin menu. There are three (3) «types» of views that can be used.
Is there a file size limit?
The plugin has no file size limitation, however, your web hosting provider may have limitations, such as the maximum number of files that can be uploaded at one time, the maximum file upload size and the maximum memory that can be allocated to a PHP script. In cases of large documents, only a preview image will be generated, no text will not be extracted from the document, therefore the document’s text will not be included when performing keyword searches.
Why wasn’t there a text preview after I uploaded my document?
If no text could be detected from the document only a preview image will be shown. This is also true for large documents with many pages, only a preview image of the document will be generated.
Where does Legoeso PDF Manager store its PDF documents?
The Legoeso PDF Manager stores your PDF documents within the WordPress upload directory.
No hay valoraciones para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Legoeso PDF Manager» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Implemented new DataTable widget child rows to allow access to document metadata.
- Removed Bootstrap v5.2.0-beta1 support
- Added support for jQuery Ui widgets
- Implemented jQuery Ui progressbar
- Improved performance working with large files.
- Added WP Cron scheduled clean-up to remove unmapped and unused files weekly, and zip files created by the plugin will expire and be deleted after 7 days.