A big hello from the Motive.co team, and thanks for checking us out!
We understand the challenges of the modern retailer, and have developed Motive Commerce Search – a feature-packed, lightning-fast product search plugin for WooCommerce – to empower your shop’s growth.
We’re on a mission to democratise technology, and want every shop to have access to advanced product search. That means advanced filters, live search suggestions and the same tools used by the biggest brands.
You also get access to the Motive Playboard; the backend of your search where you can do things like tweak results for specific searches, customise how filters are displayed, redirect shoppers to non-product pages and align your site search with your business and marketing goals.
On top of all that, Motive Commerce Search for WooCommerce gives you:
✅ Unmatched search relevancy
✅ Trust-first, tracker free technology
✅ Full alignment with data protection regulations
✅ No-code visual customisations
✅ Advanced CSS options
✅ Features designed to enable growth
✅ Mobile-first design
✅ Team collaboration
ACCESS THE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND THE WORLD’S BIGGEST BRANDS
Motive Commerce Search is built on the technology of Empathy.co, which provides some of the world’s largest online retailers with their search. Motive Commerce Search has taken this same technology and made it available for any sized shop.
That means search that is affordable with features that have been carefully developed with the needs of your shop and customers in mind.
WHEN WE SAY FEATURE-PACKED, WE REALLY DO MEAN IT!
- Privacy-first analytics → Discover your most popular products and new market opportunities without collecting or tracking your customers’ information.
- Boost & Bury rules → Adapt your sales to your goals by highlighting promoted items at the top of the results page and hiding those you want to give less visibility to.
- Synonyms for relevant results → Ensure relevant results by setting up the synonyms tool for shoppers that ask for the same product using different terms.
- Typo tolerant → Shoppers misspelling products will still find what they’re looking for.
- Many sites, one search tool → Set up, customise and manage the search of all your company’s sites from the same place.
- No-code visual customisations → Display your brand identity across the whole search layer adding your font, colours, logo and more.
- Move inventory and promote specific products → Use the banners feature to position your offers in front of even more eyes.
- Popular products → Shoppers see your most popular products when they click the search box, allowing them to jump directly to your most popular products in less steps and complete their purchases even faster.
- Instant results → Shoppers see results from the moment they click the search box for a more engaging experience.
- Customisable product cards → Configure how you want to visually display your products in your shoppers’ search results.
- Easily order how filters are displayed → Improve the shopping experience by changing the order filters are displayed to shoppers in search results.
- Redirections → Shoppers often search for terms like Help, Returns or Shop Locations. With Redirections, easily send your customers to non-product pages from your search.
- Mobile version included → Shoppers can search on any device without you paying more. Included in all plans.
GREATER TRUST = BETTER RESULTS
At Motive, we do things differently from other search plugins. Simply put, we don’t ask you to collect your customers’ data, and we don’t use that data to serve your competitors.
We believe in creating ethical search that builds trust. That’s why Motive Commerce Search helps you:
- Boost revenue: Businesses that generate trust are 1.6x more likely to boost revenue and EBIT growth rates by 10% or more (Source: McKinsey)
- Add value: Shoppers now value trust almost as much as price, and on a par with delivery times. (Source: McKinsey)
- Respect customer data: A majority of consumers now look specifically for businesses that have a reputation for protecting their data. (Source: McKinsey)
Customer data is a driving force for loyalty and steady growth. The Retail Trust Index from www.ethicalalliance.co gives some interesting results regarding this:
- 74% of consumers believe online tracking practices are intrusive.
- 80% of consumers are aware online shops track and use their online browsing history.
- Transparency, clear data privacy policies and cybersecurity are the most important factors to trust online brands.
FULLY TRANSPARENT WITH NO SURPRISES
- One flat rate with no hidden extras: Choose the pricing plan that matches your shop’s size, goals and needs.
- Full access to all features: No matter what plan you select, you’ll have access to all features, with upgrades and support included.
- Search that’s priced by… searches! Don’t be stung by a provider that charges by requests. With Motive Commerce Search, you pay by what matters most to your and your shoppers: searching and finding.
- Dedicated customer support: A team of real people to help you with any questions you may have.
- Search that’s never switched off: Motive Commerce Search will never switch off your service, even if your shop outperforms the plan you’ve purchased.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR SHOPPERS
✅ Find what they’re looking for quickly and as part of an enjoyable online shopping experience.
✅ Avoid frustrating shopping experiences while also discovering new products.
✅ Feel confident and safe that their data is not being tracked, collected or shared.
✅ Make your shop’s search an online shop assistant that can show shoppers exactly what they’re looking for, intuitively and efficiently.
WHAT CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
«Motive Commerce Search is a fundamental tool for keeping customers on our site. Its design, search history, and effective filters have transformed our online shopping experience.» – Juan Antonio Gálvez, Head of Lámparas Gálvez
«Having an advanced search like Motive is key from a mobile point of view. The user experience is good because shoppers are going directly to the products they want to see.» – Manuel Mas Candela, Director of Marketing & Technology at Mundoalfombra
«We find it a privilege to have access to this technology. It’s a real bonus for us and our catalogue.» – Beatriz Álvarez, Founder of La Frikilería
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COMMERCE SEARCH?
Here’s a selection of blog posts we think you’ll find interesting. You can read the full blog here.
- What is the difference between a search and a request?
- When we say we’re privacy by design, what does that mean?
- The secret to making top products more visible to shoppers
- This McKinsey report shows the importance of digital trust
- What is a product card and what should it include?
GOT A QUESTION?
We’ve got it all covered in our Knowledge Hub.
Who is Motive Commerce Search for?
If you’re a small to medium sized retailer using WooCommerce and receive anything from 1 to 1,000,000 searches a month, Motive Commerce Search is for you.
How long does it take to install?
About 5 minutes. And it’s a super easy process!
Is Motive Commerce Search GDPR compliant?
100% compliant. Our plugin is built on the principles of privacy by design and doesn’t use tracking or cookies so you’ll never have to worry about changes in regulations.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Advanced Product Search for WooCommerce – Motive Commerce Search» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«Advanced Product Search for WooCommerce – Motive Commerce Search» ha sido traducido a 1 idioma local. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Safer layer initialization.
- Script loader for body.
- Ignore empty attributes.
- Update marketplace product page.
- Shopper prices scheduled offers fix.
- Update translations.
- Shopper prices performance improvements.
- Load configuration js only on configuration page.
- Allow bypass wp-rocket.
- Added feature flag to avoid variant taxonomies duplication.
- Allow auto configure values on creation.
- Change shopper prices implementation.
- Improve reporting of add2cart events.
- Update tested up WordPress version to 6.3.
- Add catalog info.
- Fix variations appearing in simple products.
- Compatibility with wp-rocket.
- Fix deactivation error introduced in the previous release.
- Layer initialization alternative implementations.
- Fix missing taxonomies with no local value.
- Fix top used features.
- Fix fallback images with WPML.
- Fix generating schema & feed urls with WPML.
- Fix configuration page load.
- New motive configuration page.
- Add support for visual trigger selector selection.
- Fix error when exclude_from_search taxonomy does not exist.
- Fix top used features caching.
- Configuration reworked.
- Fix empty sale price.
- Fix wrong availability calculation.
- Minor fixes.
- Improve feed retrieval speed.
- Add logo url and dimensions to info endpoint.
- Add spanish translation to Administration page.
- Add attributes and features retrieval options.
- Top used features can be deactivated.
- Improve schema and feed build times.
- Deduplicate images.
- Avoid warnings on product attributes.
- Duplicated products issue fixed.
- Filters not shown in simple products fixed.
- Cart fixes.
- Availability fixes.
- Exclude products from search.
- Fixed minification issues on inline initialization.
- Stop depending on jQuery for initialization.
- Layer initialization inline by default.
- Full inline initialization.
- Improve layer initialization time.
- Fix shopper prices with variations.
- Improve price filter accuracy.
- Make tags facetable.
- Add Catalan schema translations.
- Validate config endpoint request body.
- Change default config.
- Fix deactivating error.
- Display shopper prices in the search results.
- Fix missing product images.
- Add product tags to feed.
- Trigger cart update after adding product cart.
- Fix encoded characters in product name.
- Allow backorders.
- Fix layer script external url modification.
- Fix empty shopping cart when search layer is not active.
- Allow bigger catalogues work by splitting feed.
- Load initialization data from endpoint to avoid cache.
- Fix product image order.
- Update admin page.
- Isolate plugin styles.
- Fix restoring config on plugin reactivation.
- Readme fixes.
- Initial release.