This plugins store your post and tag archive page visitor in your database and display the popular one on the widget area. We use ajax call to store visit information in database when someone is viewing your posts to prevent this plugin from slowing down your website load time.
It is often used in news website to show which tags are the most popular for the visitor. We also provide you with the option choose in what timeframe you want to measure your popular tags.
- Use the Plugins, Add New menu in WordPress to install the plugin or upload the popular-tags folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To show the widget, go to Appearance > Widget and add our ‘Popular Tags by Visit’ widget to your sidebar area.
- Will it slow down my website
No. We use ajax to send visit data to minimize the effect on overall website performance. We also use transient to retrieve popular posts data every hour. It will save you a lot of server resources.
- Why it is not updated in real time ?
We use transient to retrieve popular posts data every hour. It will save you a lot of server resources.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«Popular Tags» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Initial Release