SatoshiPay is a cross-website, 1-click micropayment service based on blockchain technology. To use SatoshiPay your readers don’t need to sign up anywhere or download any additional software. If they come to your site with a pre-filled wallet, they will be able to pay for your content with just a single click. Your payout arrives in your own wallet within seconds. Generate extra income from your posts, pictures, audio, video or downloads! Micropayments have never been this easy.
As a publisher you only need to install the plugin, register at SatoshiPay Dashboard, create a blockchain wallet for your earnings, and you are ready to go.
- Upload plugin files to your plugins folder, or install using WordPress’ built-in «Add New Plugin» installer
- Activate the plugin
- Select SatoshiPay from the left-hand admin menu and enter your SatoshiPay API credentials (find them in the API section of the SatoshiPay Dashboard).
For a full installation guide please go to our help center.
- How do I add paid content?
There are two options for paid content:
Paid posts: Simply edit the post or page you want to charge for, activate the «Paid Post» checkbox in the SatoshiPay metabox on the right, set a price (for example 2 lumens), and press Publish/Update. Your post will now show the SatoshiPay payment interface to your reader and will only be accessible after the reader pays for it.
Paid media inside a post: Edit a post and select «Add Paid Audio» from the SatoshiPay menu in the top toolbar of the visual editor. The media library will open and let you pick an existing audio file or upload one. Select an audio file and press «Insert». The next dialog will let you set a price (for example 4 lumens). Press «OK» to insert the paid audio. The editor will display a placeholder where the audio will appear on your post. Click the placeholder to edit options or remove the paid audio from the post. The procedure is very similar for paid downloads, images and videos. Try it out!
- How do I show a free teaser of my paid post?
Use the Start Tag. When editing a post in the visual editor, place your cursor at the position your free teaser text ends and the paid text should begin. Now open the SatoshiPay menu in the top toolbar and select «Insert Start Tag». A horizontal dotted line with the text «SatoshiPay Start» will be inserted. Move this line around to change the starting point of the paid text.
Note: If no Start Tag is inserted, the whole post will become paid content. Also, make sure to have the «Paid Post» checkbox enabled to activate SatoshiPay for a post.
In addition to the Start Tag you can use an excerpt. When editing a post you can enter your teaser in the Excerpt box underneath the post edit box. The excerpt text will always be shown for free when viewing the post. Your theme needs to support excerpts.
If you don’t see the Excerpt box when editing, activate Screen Options > Boxes > Excerpt.
- Will SatoshiPay work well with my other plugins?
Yes. We ensured that our plugin is compatible with the most popular WordPress plugins. However, there are a few known issues:
Duplicate Post plugin
Issue: When using the Duplicate Post plugin, the duplicate of a SatoshiPay enabled post will not show up when displayed on the same page as the original.
Solution: Unfortunately there is currently no workaround for this, so you can’t duplicate SatoshiPay enabled posts.
W3 Total Cache plugin
Issue: When using the W3 Total Cache plugin, SatoshiPay’s ad blocker detection feature will not work.
Solution: Disable Page Cache (W3 Total Cache settings > General Settings > Disable Page cache). You can enable all other caching features.
- Where can I find more documentation on SatoshiPay?
For more information, visit the SatoshiPay help center: sp.gg/help.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«SatoshiPay» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Registro de cambios
- Fixed wrong behaviour in the classic editor’s price input.
- Fixed bugs with the script that migrated paywalls made in classic editor to Gutenberg.
- Added a feature which makes the migration script optional, so it no longer runs on plugin activation.
- Removed deprecated attribute data-sp-price from generated HTML tag.
- Fixed bug where MIME type for downloadable content was not set correctly
- Added migration for SatoshiPay items created in the old WordPress editor: now those items will turn into Gutenberg blocks.
- Added support for pages: now it’s possible to add paid items to pages.
- Fixed some issues with price display in the Gutenberg editor.
- Removed the grey background on the donation banner placeholder.
- Added support for donation and downloads in Gutenberg editor.
- Improved UX of editor blocks.
- Added support for text paywall and paid media (audio, video, and image) in the Gutenberg editor.
- Changed API endpoint for currency conversion.
- Added new plugin directory graphics.
- Removed unused code.
- Fixed bug where API credentials cannot be added or updated.
- Fixed bug where purchased goods doesn’t render.
- Fixed settings link in the plugins page.
- Removed ad block detection feature.
- Fixed wrong versioning.
- Added support for a donation button/banner.
- Changed the UI of the SatoshiPay settings page for the better!
- Security fix: now only users with role “Admin” can change the SatoshiPay settings.
- Fixed wrong versioning.
- Improved price inputs to allow for non-integer prices.
- Changed the maximum price possible per item to 20 XLM.
- Fixed issue with satoshipay.js file being loaded multiple times.
- Added support for Stellar lumens. Your old satoshi prices will be automatically converted when installing this version.
- Removed Bitcoin support.
- Fixed bug incorrectly displaying image/video dimensions.
- Added support for paid audios, downloads, images and videos.
- Improved input handling for prices and settings.
- Fixed CSS cache issue, SatoshiPay icon now shows in editor.
- Added ability to define free-to-read teasers for each page.
- Improved compatibility by switching to new Digital Goods API.
- Added price limit of 2MM satoshis per article.
- Added link to settings in plugin list.
- Improved API communication.
- Fixed delay when enabling ad blocker detection on blogs with many posts.
- Added known issues to FAQ.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Jetpack plugin.
- Added ad blocker detection feature.
- Added Euro conversion when adding a price to a post.
- Improved API settings validation.
- Improved API communication.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Added screenshots.
- Added more detailed plugin description.
- Added plugin directory icon and banner.
- Versión inicial.