WP License Manager is an easy to use plugin that will turn your WordPress site into a license manager that can be used for WordPress themes, plugins and other downloadable products.
Downloadable files are stored in Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) to keep them safe from people without a license.
Possible uses for WP License Manager:
- Hosting your own premium plugins and themes and serving updates to them.
- Hosting private plugins that you don’t want to share in the open.
- If you get more creative, the license manager plugin can be extended to be used for all kinds of digital goods; downloadable games, for example.
The easiest way to install the plugin is through the WordPress plugin directory.
To install the plugin manually:
- Unzip the plugin package
- Upload directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
After you have completed the installation, configure plugin settings by clicking on the «License Manager Settings»
menu option in the WordPress Settings menu. Now, you are ready to start adding products and licenses.
Make your theme or plugin use WP License Manager
Making your themes and plugins use your own License Manager site requires some basic PHP programming
knowledge (but nothing that couldn’t be handled by a little copy-pasting, actually…).
To make the integration as easy as possible, we have created a PHP class that you can pretty much drop in
to your theme or plugin to make it query updates from your own license server instead of WordPress.org.
The class and detailed integration instructions can be found on GitHub:
WP License Manager Client
FAQ coming soon.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«WP License Manager» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
Traduce «WP License Manager» a tu idioma.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- Added a new plugin data update system. Fixes the problem with products disappearing after the 0.5.4 update.
- Changed the name of the products custom post type to prevent conflicts with other plugins.
- Fixed conflicts with other menu items.
- Added support for PHP versions < 5.3. We highly recommend upgrading to PHP 5.3+ but understand that not all users have the possibility to do so.
- Trimmed the download size a bit.
- First public release