This widget is plain and simple and allows you to handle logins and password retrieval without a separate login screen. Install, add widget, done. Well, maybe
not quite. You may want to modify the stylesheet a little bit to match your theme’s needs…
YALW rebuilds quite a bunch of features offered by wp-login.php instead of using the features therein because it is hardly possible. I had the option to
refactor the file wp-login.php, making its functionality better accessible from the outside, and thus contributing to the WordPress Core. I thought about that
possibility for approximately 0.0897 seconds (which is a long time for an android) but decided against. I am merely a casual programmer and I don’t have the
time or ambition to deal with the project management processes of the WordPress development community in order to promote my changes, hoping they might be
integrated some day. I need to get shit done. And, more importantly, I don’t consider myself a good programmer. It’s probably not advisable for me to tinker
with such a crucial part of WordPress.
Thanks to edik for his support and to akoww for fixing bugs!
- Allows to configure the email message that is sent to reset a lost password.
- Can use fail2ban to detect failed login attempts and act accordingly. A sample filter and a sample jail description are included.
- Is localizable.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings->YALW screen to configure the plugin.
- Go to the Appearance->Widgets screen and assign the Widget «Yet Another Login Widget» to your preferred location.
None so far.
No hay valoraciones para este plugin.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«YALW» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Revisa el código , echa un vistazo al repositorio SVN o suscríbete al registro de desarrollo por RSS.
Registro de cambios
- fixed a bug that can occur with PHP versions prior to 5.5
- checked if YALW runs on WordPress 4.6
- revamped the German localization
- fixed a bug with setting an individual email text
- added uninstall.php in order to clean the database options after uninstall
- added header information neccessary for proper WordPress localization
- improved settings page
- now logs whenever a code was entered wrong instead of only logging too many wrong attempts.
- improved security: autocomplete in password field not allowed anymore
- improved security: sets HttpOnly flag to mitigate the risk of client side script accessing the protected cookie
- fixed a bug that prevented YALW to run with BuddyPress.
- fixed a bug with fail2ban.
- Initial public version (English + locale files for German).