Supports WordPress Backup and Restore to/from Local Storage or upload Backups to Dropbox.
If you do not understand something or you have a questions,
please, make a support request first!
Features of website backup & website restore plugin:
- Unlimited dropbox backups;
- Unlimited dropbox restores;
- Unlimited local backups;
- Unlimited local restores;
- Local Backup: create the Full Backup of Web Page (Files + Database) and store this at Local Storage of the Site;
- Dropbox Backup: create the Full Backup (Files + Database) of Web Page at Local Storage and upload this to Dropbox;
- Local Restore: restoration from Local backup at your website (web hosting);
- Dropbox Restore: restoration from Dropbox backup;
- Full control of included and excluded folders and files (can be found in “Settings”);
- You can create limited backup with database only (without files and/or folders). Just check “Settings” of backup plugin;
- With “dropbox backup & restore” plugin you can backup and restore WooCommerce shop inkl. database with products;
- Notification logging on screen and in file;
- Use your own App key and App secret;
- Supports backup on “Low Memory” Hosting or Server;
- Possibility to make Dropbox backup and restore interface hidden with all listed backups (only Admins can access the backup plugin page);
- Automatic database optimization before backup (can be switched in plugin settings);
- Database or Table repair functionality before backup;
- Administrate ALL of Backups for ALL of your sites from one place – WPAdm-account (Account is FREE);
Account creation is optional, but we suggest to do this.
Why create www.wpadm.com account?
Your website can be down, not available or admin back-end can be without response. There are many reasons for this, for example:
- Some plugin or some theme (template) has an error;
- Plugin or theme (template) was installed incorrectly (wrong installation of WordPress plugins and WordPress themes);
- Vulnerabilities of user files, WordPress files, WordPress plugin- and theme- files;
- Websites Hacking (web page hacks), Websites Trojans etc.;
- Server or hosting misconfiguration. For example: files and folder rights, like “owner” rights, “read”, “write” and “execution” rights;
- Web Server or web hosting misconfiguration, like wrong Apache or nginx configuration, mod_rewrite rules (rewriting rules) configuration;
You can create your WPAdm account also for central Backup administration at http://www.wpadm.com
WPAdm account is FULLY FREE.
PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY!
If you like our plugin – please, make your own review. It will help us to develop and update website backup and website restore plugin for you!
This is one of few WordPress backup plugins, who does a fully free support (plugin support!) for all of our users.
Dropbox backup and restore plugin ask for FTP if your website (not this plugin!) have some troubles, in order that we could make support for you.
Providing of these FTP DATA IS NOT OBLIGATORY, but if you do this, – our support staff will check your backup process and you will receive a feedback about results.
It can take a while and some patience from you.
We are not responsible for any 5хх-errors! Such errors caused in most cases (99,9%) by your server/hosting.
For a little fee, we can help you solve problems of your server or hosting (to do this, we will need your FTP website access).
Thank you for your understanding!
ALL INFORMATION, PROVIDED BY OUR USERS IS IN SAFETY AND USED FOR SUPPORT ONLY!
If you need help with the plugin or you want to report a bug please refer to http://www.wpadm.com/support/
If your website has basic authorisation (basic_auth), it can call some exclusions during backup executing. We are working on this issue.
Very easy and secure Dropbox Backup and Restoration (website / web page restore from backup)
Usefull additional functions can be found at www.wpadm.com in the User profile.
DropBox Backup is a new plugin, so we tried to provide a bug-free plugin/widget. We are maintain this project.
Information about privacy:
In case the user has been registered at WPAdm service AND has confirmed their registration,
our plugin will get the minimum requirements of php and mysql configuration, version and language of wordpress.
This data will be send to WPAdm service, to get the plugin work correctly, to extend supported configurations of user sites with wpadm-extensions and support.
WE DO NOT COLLECT AND DO NOT STORE THE PERSONAL DATA OF USERS FROM THIS PLUGIN!
Website Backup on Dropbox
For security of your sites, webs hops or online portals is backup a must. With backup from www.webpage-backup.com you can secure backup and restore all your projects independent if it website or woocommerce shop as to make restoring from your backups. From security reasons it is impotent to schedule your backups, thereby your information or comments from your databases no go lost. Of course the more important for the security are (frequently) backups for woocommerce shops or multisite backups and there one click to restores from your backup drive. The woocommerce backups need more storage in cloud due to large files.
But in most cases it isn’t needed to make full backup. With help of our service webpage-backup.com you can select the folder or special databases that you must backup or to backup single website inside your hosting. But for our service it does not matter if the files are large or small, in case of the restoration it is the same. As well as for your local backup. Local backup are done on your hosting. If your hosting have enough space for backup it is ok, but it is not recommended. In most cases for storage your full backup on space of your hosting it is not enough space otherwise it is not safe enough, especially if something happen with your hosting or after some time you want to change your hosting provider. Additional if your make automate schedule backups or data base backups ever after some time the space on your backup drive will be full. For this reason the best is to use the Dropbox storage. Dropbox storage is scalable. Of course the scheduler dropbox backup it is not a must. You can make it manually and for free, but it easy to forget and the danger to lose your backup data are big. You must not to upload your dropbox backup on your PC or desktop you can directly restoring your website from dropbox drive. Independently of our service it is possible to downloading, uploading the data from the dropbox account. By dropbox backup with www.webpage-backup.com you can make exclusions of folders or by restoring import archives or whole bundle of archives. By dropbox backup or wep page cloning or migration of the sites it is important that all folders have permissions to write it is the same how permission to access the folder or to uploading it. For backup on dropbox it is does not matter if your site have ssl certificate or it is normal woocommerce shop without SSL certificate the same goes for migrating or for website clone. For our service www.webpage-backup.com it is important that our servise have permissions to the folders and to backup drive.
To the special functions of our website backup doesn’t belong the migration, scheduler backup, cron backup, wpmu backup, shop backup and encryption by cloning, if you make some clone of your website or multisite clone. It is all normal functions of our plugin or service at our website www.webpage-backup.com. The most of this tools are free of charge, especially if you do it manually. But inside our multisite tools are other addons and functions. Addons for your pages or multisite (WPMU) peges you can add inside of your service account if you want. But for some of this function it is required to register on www.webpage-backup.com. For manage of multisites or just for one page menaging, for cron and scheduled dropbox backup as for full restoration of you WooCommerce shop, website or multisite as well as for migration – to register it is must. It is not possible to do full restoration of website from dropbox backup without the WordPress site self.
By draw up of our dropbox backup tools we try to do the backup or restoring ever for not experts and multisites owners, but with the same tools how for experts. For experts we have Buckup explorer where the expert can select or to do exclusion of files and webpages. As the register user you can use multiple dropbox account or create other multisite buckup drive clouds, how FTP or you can do the local backup on the site of your host. All automatically functions are inside of our service. To automatically tools belong: cron and scheduler, migrator and remote. Scheduled jobs for dropbox you can set in our calendar, it gives overview.
Back Up, Cloning, duplicate or migrate of websites
Cloning, duplicate or migrate in principal all the function a same. It gives you the possibility quickly to create site clone with as “templates” for multiple site. This clone tool is very useful, if you have more than one website or, if you want to clone or duplicate your web page. With full backup of your old site or WooCommerce shop you can clone or duplicate, and create new clone (due back up) of webshop or website with one click. All multisite backups functions are available from one dashboard of cloning tool, how multisite backup, as well as WPMU backup in the same cloud or in several cloud storages of hosting provider or just server. From same dashboard available clone restorations functions separate or in bundle, depend of your multisite backup settings. If your do so much settings you can remove not needed settings or clone of backup. The settings must be removed separately ever for multisite or clone. The backup dropbox storages must be removed separately too. Although it seems complicated to do automatic backup. With our backup plugin for backup, clone or migrate – you can make it without expert knowledge. Clone add-ons allow your easy backup or migrate your website or WPMU (multisite). “Dropbox backup” is just ultimate tool for WordPress that can worst your productivity by cloning of web pages, allowing you to do efficiently manage of cloned pages through clone or multisite installations.
Easy data restoring
For restoring your website (or multisite websites) selected files from the dashboard and then select files to restore. In backup list you see the type, date and size. From the list you can remove and select appropriate restoring file. In settings your can add or remove the cloud storage. In case of cloning you must restore your old website backup on other webpage. Cloning is the same how resorting but in more steps. The same bee meant for migrating of multisite and shops and there restore. With our file explorer you can match every file separately for restoration. In case of restoration only this files will be restore. You can restore one file than the next, but it easy to make restoring in bundle or directly to recover whole full backup. The restoration time depend from your hosting and upload rate as well as restoration depend from the file size witch must be restore. Scheduled restoring and recovering isn’t possible, unless somebody have special inquiry on our service to do scheduled recovering. The recover from the Dropbox cloud storage take time, depend from the web site size and right permissions of the folders of your hosting provider.
Backing Up and Restoration to Dropbox
Backup:Yes Or No?
In the age of trend-setting technologies, information backing up is necessary for many life spheres that are related in any way to creation of something. That refers to programming, site building, engineering, designing, not to mention home data – photos, videos and other stuff. This list can go on and on… One would think, what is so special about this backup thing? Well, the one fact known for sure is that it saves lives of both: different projects and people who fagged away at these very same projects.
It has been said all the time that everyone should make the reserve copy (or backup), but not many actually do that, and besides, there are even those who have no clue about it and what it is for. Nevertheless, information about backup is really an important and useful habit, so let’s know what’s what about it.
Firstly, there’s a need to determine the backup process – it is a data redundancy to different storage devices, making copies of the existing data. Now let’s clear its usefulness to each and every. On one hand, modern computers and their hard drives, which are the major and the most popular data storage places, have attained quite dramatic reliability numbers. Multiform redundant coding on different levels of data management provides strong security from the possible sad situations when the information is damaged as a result of accidental error in the act of data saving. But on the second thought, even the most dependable storage mediums sooner or later go down, and for what is more, it usually happens all of the sudden. Now that is the break point, when you finally change your mind upon all the information kept by people on their hard discs. Passwords and contacts, momentous pictures and rare music collections, all possible working data – this whole treasure can disappear without warning from your website, which can turn to serious financial and time losses in addition to emotional stress.
The easiest variant is to simply copy data to another folder on a hard drive. But unfortunately, that is an unreliable decision, because that would release you from only the small number of possible problems, even if this folder is placed on another hardware. Now you are aware that at the present digital information day creating of backup is neither a whim nor extra precaution, this is a plain safety measure.
What to do if recovering failed?
First of all check the data spelling. It is most common mistake. Other common mistakes by recovering are:
- to recover from wrong cloud storage;
- if done alone database back up – not full and you can’t see the recover sites;
- by recovering process there was internet connection interrupted;
- In your database are file exclusions;
- your database back up was not consistent;
- file archive of back up with a broken checksum;
- back up or restore from damaged cloud storage or from damaged back up archive;
- misspelled back up due user failed restore;
Large file and big size databases need more time to back up or recover website. It can take until two hours or more, depend from the size of your back up database, but for our recovery service it doesn’t matter for uploading of large files or small files. The difference between recover the large files and small is the time.
After check all of this figures please write an email to our support team http://www.webpage-backup.com and we will try to answer as soon as possible and to give you’re the best solution how easy to recover your site.
If you see some of 5xx error codes, as return of your backup:
please, feel free to contact your own system administrator (admins, support etc.), because this type of errors come from your server.
The timely backup protects from viruses.
There are some requirements for creating a reliable backup:
• Make copies of your files regularly and as often as you can;
• Rank your data by importance and back up essential information first. Generally, temporary files only add up to the back up volume and carry no significance, so get rid of them;
• Do not store your file copies on the same hard drives;
• Make sure you can access your backups any time and from any place;
• Schedule your backups and ensure you get informed on their status;
• If your medium capacity or bandwidth is limited use compression tools;
A good solution is to have a separate server for remote backups although it is not fail-safe. If the server is unavailable restoration will be impossible. To ensure high accessibility and data safety use cloud storage services.
There are a lot of services providing free but limited cloud storage capacity for backups like Google Drive, Amazon S3 (AWS) or Dropbox. The problem is they do not support FTP protocol which sometimes is the most adequate way of data transfer. In comparison, virtually every host company supports this protocol.
Restoration of Backup Files
Different factors may be the reason for someone to restore his data from a dropbox backup. This is a truly helpful option that supposes bringing the saved data from dropbox storage place back to its original in case you’ve lost or damaged the existing one.
Best Choice to Keep Data
Among the available ways to maintain information the first place belongs rightfully to **cloud storages** or **cloud drives**. These are sorts of virtual data storages, that save and manage the data via numerous servers strewn about World Wide Web. Their principle is simple: every ‘cloud’ has definitively stated limit of Gb virtual space, that is given to a new user absolutely for free. But in time, if a person wants to expand it, he’ll have to pay according to price plan. So here we have a simple case of effective advertising – a user gets used to the comfort and mobility of the network repository, and after he concludes that the cloud suits him to the full extend in every meanings, he pays for the “rent” of this sufficiency.
Dropbox Backup and WordPress
p>For the present day Dropbox cloud is still an unbeaten leader that is up to multi-million clients number. Most probably that has to do with the fact that it is Dropbox that stood at the origins of virtual space providing to users, and it is the first company, that has realized the idea of cloud data storage. It works by creation of a virtual folder in the cloud, where all the info of your wordpress website is saved, the one which you download to your Dropbox folder on your computer. For the WordPress website management the best choice is to download a plugin to easily administrate your source from wordpress admin dashboard. Backup&Restore Dropbox has many positive reviews and it deals with the performance of backup and restores, both local and dropbox.
Dropbox Full Backup for WordPress is good for both restore and backups tasks. It allows to use your own App key and App secret in order to keep then private with higher security for yourself. It can be your personal guard that can keep all the files saved and backed up as much as possible, and even in case of your website data lost, you are able to restore all the data just with one click.
To make a conclusion we’d say, that in order to be safe and sound with any of your data of your WordPress site information you should trouble yourself with backing up of an important information. That will restrict possible damages to minimum and save your time and nerves.
Perform a new installation using FTP
- Upload the plugin folder
Dropbox Backupto the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
Perform a new manual installation of Dropbox backup and restore plugin
After downloading the ZIP file of the Dropbox back up and restoration plugin,
- Log in to your administrator panel;
- Go to Plugins Add > New > Click the button “Upload”;
- Click on “Choose file” (or “Browse”, to browse the plugin zip-archive) and select the downloaded zip file of the Dropbox back up and restoration plugin;
For Mac Users
Go to your Downloads folder and locate the folder with the name “dropbox backup”. Right-click on this folder and select Compress. Now you have a newly created .zip file which can be installed as described here.
- Click on “Install Now” button. Dropbox back up and restore pugin will be installed;
- Click on link “Activate Plugin” to activate the “Dropbox backup and restore” plugin;
If the installation does not succeed, please contact http://www.wpadm.com support staff or refer to your system administrator.
Dropbox Backup Plugin have a settings section on WordPress plugin page.
DO NOT FORGET to connect your dropbox backup plugin to Dropbox before creating your first Dropbox backup
- Go to Admin dashboard of your website;
- Open “Settings” of website backup plugin;
- Click “Connect to Dropbox” button;
3a. Sure, if you want, you can use your own App Key and App Secret. More Information about this you can read on FAQ page or in the Settings block of your installed plugin, near “Connect to Dropbox” button;
Watch this video about:
- How to install Dropbox backup and restore plugin on WordPress
- How to connect Dropbox backup and restore plugin to Dropbox
- How to perform a backup using Dropbox backup and restore plugin for WordPress
If you need help with the plugin or you want to report a bug, so please, also refer to http://www.wpadm.com/support/
- Where can I get my app key & secret?
You can get an API app key and secret by creating an app on the app creation page.
Once you have an app created, the app key and secret will be available on the app’s page on the App Console.
Note that Drop-ins have app keys but no app secrets.
- I clicked on the “Backup to Dropbox” button, but nothing happens. What’s wrong?
Before you try to make a backup of your website to dropbox, please make sure, that you have created the connection to dropbox. Also you must be sure, that you are connected to dropbox.
To do this, please, open the “Settings” block in your “Dropbox backup and restore” plugin. There you must see your Dropbox UID (User ID on Dropbox). If you didn’t see your Dropbox connection App UID – your Dropbox plugin is NOT CONNECTED to your Dropbox and you can’t do the backup of your website.
So please, at first connect yourself to Dropbox and then, try to make your backup to dropbox.
- How to restore my site from dropbox backup?
- First of all, install the Dropbox backup & restore plugin;
- In Dropbox backup & restore plugin check your connection to dropbox as “dropbox app” or as connection with using of app key & app secret from your dropbox account;
- My web page completely crashed and not available. How can I restore my web page from dropbox backup?
Just login or Register at WPAdm www.wpadm.com If your web page wasn’t added and verified – just do it. Add your domain and verified this on WPAdm account.
You must see all of your backups, that you have made.
- Should I upgrade my old version of Dropbox Backup and Restore plugin?
Yes. We recommended to update or upgrade to a newest versions.
- How do I do this: Dropbox Backup wasn’t created. There is not enough script running time to perform backup operations, please increase the PHP variable max_execution_time.
There are two ways to do it increase the PHP variable max_execution_time:
If the above mentioned method does not work, or your web host does not allow you to do it, you can change “Waiting time (minutes)” in the “Settings” area where you initiate the backup.
If you have access to your hosting / server dashboard, please, find PHP settings and add the following:
max_execution_time = 90 (script running 90 seconds).
- If you have access to FTP settings, find FTP file, called php.ini and add there max_execution_time = 90 (script running 90 seconds).
If 90 is not enough for your script running, write 120 and so forth.
If you write down 0, you will have unlimited script running time.
Some materials take a long time to process before being transmitted.
If you can’t find the php.ini file, then just try to create a new one in the root folder of your website. Add the setting described above to the created php.ini file.
If the methods above doesn’t work for you – try to set append variable at the end of index.php file in root folder of your website.
- You can also add the following code in .htaccess file:
php_value max_execution_time 90
Check, if you have added this setting to the currently active php.ini file.
You can change it, for example from 3 to 5 minutes. This setting must be set in seconds.
- I just download the dropbox full backup addon for my wordpress site. I’ve connected the dropbox addon (application) to my dropbox account and pushed the button “create dropbox backup”. But after the finish of backup where can I find the backup files, so I be sure, that the backup was done?
If you checked in the Setting of Dropbox plugin the checkbox “Leave local copy on my hosting”, than you may to have two backups:
– one WordPress backup, that was saved locally on hosting of your website, in folder ‘/wp-content/Dropbox_Backup//’;
– the second WordPress backup, that was uploaded to your Dropbox account. You may to search for this uploaded backup on your Dropbox in of “WPAdm application” folder//;
Note, if you don’t checked the checkbox “Leave local copy on my hosting” in the Settings of your Dropbox plugin, than locally created backup on hosting of your website will be deleted after upload to your Dropbox.
- How can I manage my backups?
Manage of multiple back ups is possible from your account on webpage-backup.com
- I use multisite WordPress and I would like to manage my backups from one place. How can I do that?
Multisite WP can be supported too, but you have to login in your account at www.webpage-backup.com
- Can I use the Dropbox Backup and Restore plugin to clone my website?
Yes. If you have some back up, created with our Dropbox Backup and Restore plugin, then you can use it for migration or doing some clone to another place (server / web hosting).
- I didn’t see my back up at my Dropbox. Why? How can I find it at my Dropbox?
Simple check your app key and app secret, that you use it from a correct app do you created before you start make a backup.
- Is it possible to migrate my website with your Dropbox back up tool?
Many people stay us this question and our answer is – YES! It’s good possibility to use our back up plugin specially for migration of websites. Also you can migrate your website locally. If you does a local backup, then you can download it to your PC, upload to another place and make recovery there.
- How to do a recovery of my website?
Dropbox Backup and Restore plugin work autonomously. In case, if your page (website) not available, you may use www.webpage-backup.com to recover website from backup on dropbox.
- I want schedule backup. How can I schedule backup of my website?
To schedule backup of your webpage (website backup), you may use an account at www.webpage-backup.com to schedule backup.
- Can I make a schedule backup of my multisite WordPress?
Please, see the previous question “I want schedule backup. How can I schedule backup of my website?”.
Generally – YES, you can create a scheduled backup, but you may sign in to account at www.webpage-backup.com to make a scheduled backup.
- Error message when trying to backup WP website and send to Dropbox. Dropbox Backup wasn’t created. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature. Please advise how to fix this?
PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature
means that you have not enough free space on your hard drive.
To solve this problem, you have to go to your ISP panel (Plesk, cPanel, etc.) and check the disk space on your hosting or server.
- Should I register to make a back up of my site?
Our plugin for back up is completely autonomous plugin for back up, so you don’t need to register to make a back up of your site.
- How can I manually restore my website from one place to another?
You can restore your website on another place with two ways:
* manually website restoration
* automatically website restoration
For automatically website restoration you may need an account at webpage-backup.com
- Is it possible to duplicate my website like Duplicator Plugin do that?
Backups & Restoring plugin can Duplicate more simply as Duplicator.
If you want to duplicate your website, you may backup it first at some storage (for example Dropbox or Amazon, or just on your FTP). You can start duplicate website if the backup process was finished successfully. If isn’t – don’t try to duplicate, because wrong or incorrect backup can crash your website during duplicating.
- Duplicate and clone is the same thing?
It has distinction in each of the duplicate and clone plugins. In both cases, as with duplicate and also with clone, this is in fact a website copy.
- How can I manage or coordinate my duplicate website?
To managing your duplicate website you need to have an account at webpage-backup.com. So, you will see all of target (original) and source (duplicate) websites. At your account on webpage-backup.com you have a possibility to make one duplicate from another duplicate website, that was duplicated before.
- What does make your “duplicate” plugin, which doesn’t make another (e.g. Duplicator plugin)?
Duplicating is a very complex process. We will explain the website duplicate in the next our explanations about “duplicate website”.
- Is it possible to make an Incremental Backup with Dropbox Backup & Restore plugin?
Incremental backup expect many of our users. Incremental backup can help solve many problems for the implementation of the backup in complex systems. Create an incremental backup, that’s what we’re working. In the next versions it will be also possible to create incremental backups for websites.
(PS: Autor german language)
Inkrementelle Sicherung (Incremental backup) erwarten viele unser Nutzer. Inkrementelle Sicherung (Incremental backup) kann helfen viele Probleme für die Durchführung der Sicherung in komplexen Systemen zu lösen. Erstellung eines inkrementelles Backup, das ist, was wir eben noch planen zu implementieren in der Dropbox Backup & Restore Plugin. In den Zukünftigen Versionen wird es auch möglich, inkrementelle Backups zu erstellen.
We must understand that when you use incremental backups perform operations such as website clone (clons creating), multisite clone, migrate of websites or website duplicate will be difficult, but possible.
- Just to do a MySQL backup. How to do that?
In this version of plugin supported a MySQL backup (database backup or simple “db backup”) together with a filesystem backup. To do a mysql backup, you can do it with a file system or just use another version of our plugin.
The version for mysql backup (DB Backup) is available due control panel at http://www.webpage-backup.com
- We want to make an SCP Backup from our rackspace (Full Rackspace Backup). For this operation we would like to use your Dropbox plugin.
Ok, if you want to use an SCP Backup, please, wait for some versions of this plugin over their, and we will make an scp backup for you.
- What do I need to do? Local Backup wasn’t created: There is not enough memory to perform archiving of big files and continue backup operations, please increase the PHP variable memory_limit.
There are two ways to solve your problem:
- If you have access to your hosting/server operating panel, please, find PHP settings and add the following:
memory_limit = 256M (use 256 MB)
- If you have access to FTP settings, find FTP file, called php.ini and add there memory_limit = 256M (use 256 MB)
Full description of php.ini and memory_limit you can find here http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit
- FTP Backup?
The name of this plugin is “Dropbox” Backup and Restore. From control panel at http://www.webpage-backup.com you can do also an FTP Backup. Please, checkout an FTP Backup so.
- Is dropbox backup and restoration plugin really free?
Yes, dropbox backup and dropbox restoration are free with plugin “Dropbox Backup and Restore”!
- Whether I need to create an account on the wpadm.com?
You shouldn’t create an account on the www.wpadm.com, but you are able to do it since further it can really help you at restoration time of your site. For example, if your website is completely down and not available.
- Whether there are WordPress templates of my web site in a full backup archive?
Full backup include templates of your site.
- I try to create a dropbox backup. I enter the app key and app secret. Then I was asked for permission to access dropbox, so I hit “allow” and then I’m given an “Internal server error”.
What is causing this and how might I fix it?
Please, just wait for some time and try again later.
We know this issue about “Internal Server Error” on Dropbox, that comes from the Dropbox servers. Best thing to do is be patient and give it another try.
We cannot recommended you more, than just had to wait it out and problem went away after a while.
- I want to move my website to the new hosting/server. How can I do this?
Sure, it is possible to use this Dropbox Backup & Restore plugin, but we suggest to try cloner. With it you can much easily clone, migrate or easy duplicate your website from one hosting or server to another.
- My website has a very BIG files, like photos, videos and so on. If I do my backup to dropbox it’s return this message “Maximum execution time of XXX seconds exceeded” and sometimes some other messages while uploading to dropbox. I’ve tried to do my backups with some of known WordPress plugins like “BackWPup”, “UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration”, “WordPress Backup to Dropbox”, “BackUpWordPress” but it’s all without success. Can you please advise me after all these failures, why I have to trust in “Dropbox Backup & Restore” plugin?
OK, this is a complex question, but we’ll try to answer this by comparing of “BackWPup”, “UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration”, “WordPress Backup to Dropbox”, “BackUpWordPress” with “Dropbox backup & restore” plugin.
All of this backup plugins like “Dropbox backup & restore”, “BackWPup”, “UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration”, “WordPress Backup to Dropbox” or “BackUpWordPress” has functionality not only for a backup, but also for restoration (restore or restoring process for website). There are a lot of parameters which are required to be compared.
- Why I cannot create local back up?
There are many reasons for failed local back up. For example, you may to sure, that you have enough free space on you hard drive (hosting contingent, with other words: you have a free space) for new back up. Also you may to sure, that you permission for script running, file or folder creation are not limited.
You’ve corrected these problems and still can’t make a local back up – please, contact www.webpage-backup.com support.
- Hi, I made a Local Backup and it created 23 zip files, 1 MD5 file and 1 SQL file. How I can validate that this backup ended correctly?
At the end of successfully created backup you will receive a results message like “success” or “error” and the .MD5 file will be created. The .md5 file is a checksum for your created backup.
- I was using your free version of Dropbox Backup without problem. I just paid for the Pro version and downloaded the files to my computer. What do I do now to activate the Pro version on my WP site and automate dropbox backups?
The PRO version of plugin was activated during of payment process, so if you already downloaded the PRO version – it’s already activated. Just install the plugin.
To automate backup to Dropbox (scheduled backup to Dropbox), please look at settings block of an installed PRO plugin.
- Can do back up get this message Dropbox Backup wasn’t created. Website “XXXXXXXX” returned an error during file creation: Failed to create file, please check the permissions on the folder “/web1/user/website/XXXXXXXX/wp-content/Dropbox_Backup”. Please can you advise?
Sure, the folder “Dropbox_Backup” with this path on you website hosting or website server “/web1/user/website/XXXXXXXX/wp-content/Dropbox_Backup” must be created, if this wasn’t created yet
AND this folder must be also writable (For example within permission 777 on this folder).
You can check this permissions using some FTP client like “WinSCP” or “FileZilla”. You can google and download this software. This program is free of charge.
If you have any difficulties, our support staff can do it for you, but in this way you’ll need send FTP access credentials for your website to our support.
- I have tried several times to perform a Dropbox backup of my wordpress site. It says that is performs, but the backup counter shows 0 even after being refreshed. The Dropbox folder is showing no items in it. What am I missing to do?
- One of the possible thing you can try to do is the web browser cache refresh. Try to load you backup plugin page in WordPress without browser cache by clicking of buttons combination Ctrl+F5.
- I’ve been trying to back up a site and I just noticed that it stopped progressing about an hour ago at this line: yyyy-mm-dd xx:xx:xx Add a table “wp_tablexxx” in the database dump. Any idea what happened?
The Dropbox backup and restore plugin does an automatic database optimization before backup,
but if you have some broken table in database of your website,
then you can try to repair the database before backup creation.
- Hallo, ich habe eben versucht über Ihre Webseite ein Backup in meine Dropbox zum machen – es wurde aber nicht ausgeführt. Das Geld wurde aber von meinem Guthaben bereits abgebucht. Im Scheduler stand auch “WAITING” und dann “PERFORMED” aber die Dropbox ist noch leer. Bitte um Hilfe.
Die Abbuchung erfolgt nicht, falls Ihr Backup ohne Erfolg abgeschlossen wurde.
In diesem Fall handelt es sich um gelieferte vom Server des Website diese Antwort:
504 Gateway Time-out
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.
Dies ist eine interne Fehlermeldung auf Ihrem Server/Hosting, für den wir nicht verantworten können.
Ist es möglich, dass Sie uns Ihr System Logs-Dateien zukommen lassen
geben uns den FTP Zugriff von Ihrer Website, damit wir versuchen Ihnen zu helfen.
- Makes me mad that I thought I was protected. Couldn’t have went another way. I want create my website backup to dropbox.
Your website is protected, if you have successfully created website backup.
Just try to create website backup from you own admin area (from you own WordPress). Backup creating from your own website is fully free!
- Seems to be missing something: PHP Extensions sockets, ftp Not Found Functionality are not guaranteed.
Yes, to create backup successfully you’ll need such PHP extensions like Sockets or Curl, otherwise we can’t guaranteed functionality for Dropbox back up and restoration plugin.
- I’ve moved my website to the new hosting provider. Where can I find my PHP Extensions like sockets, ftp or curl to do a backup? Because the Dropbox plugin says me, that functionality for Dropbox back up and restoration plugin can’t guaranteed…
You can activate PHP Extensions on you cPanel or Plesk of provider hosting administration panel.
If you use cPanel,
login in cPanel and scroll down to “Software and Services” or “Advanced” block and open “PHP configuration” or “PHP PEAR packages”.
Check on the corresponding checkboxes to your php extensions, that you want activate.
Save the PHP configuration by clicking the button on bottom (in most cases on the bottom) of this page.
If you use Plesk dashboard or Plesk (Version 12) administration panel,
Login to Plesk and in main menu open “Tools & Settings” > “PHP Settings” > any PHP 5.6 handler
Clear the checkbox, to have the PHP extension appear on the customers “phpinfo” pages, and click “OK”. Wait for the changes in list with PHP extensions to be applied, then select the checkbox and apply the changes once again.
- I want optimize my MySQL database before I do my backup. How can I do that?
In the Website to Dropbox backup & restoration plugin you can find an appropriate option in the Settings block of the Dropbox plugin. The optimize database setting is per default activated and in use. If you hasn’t changed this configuration, then every time, as you doing backup, the database will be optimized automatically.
- Once I tried to conduct a Dropbox backup I received this error – Dropbox Backup wasn’t created. Dropbox returned an error during file sending: “Invalid OAuth1 token.”
Please, reconnect to Dropbox, by clicking “Connect to Dropbox” button, in the “Settings” on plugin page of your website.
- How much time it will take to create a backup of my website?
There are many hardware and software dependences. Approximately the average time for website takes up to 360 seconds for 50 Mb website. There are many hardware and server/web hosting software dependencies to create a back up.
- What does it cost to backup my website?
It’s fully free to back up your website, if you performing back up or restore using Dropbox backup and restore plugin autonomously on your own website.
- After installing and trying to run backup… my website fails to load… Can you please help me?
The Dropbox-backup plugin doesn’t make any changes neither on your WordPress nor on your WordPress configuration. It does only archive of your files and copy this archive in local folder or dropbox folder without to make some changes.
Please, open a support ticket and we will try to help you.
- Can I close dropbox plugin page in my WordPress during back up of my website will be created?
Yes, you can close dropbox plugin page in your WordPress website, cause backup will be created during cron task of WordPress. The backup task will be executed in background.
- How can I clone my WordPress? I can’t find this in Dropbox backup and restore plugin.
With some tricky you can clone your WordPress to the new place. Try to rename your domain backup folder on Dropbox and use the same Dropbox App key and App secret to get this backup folder on your new WordPress place. After restoring on new folder or hosting – it will give you new cloned WordPress. Also, do not forget, you can use the Dropbox backup and restore PRO version to get cloning process more easily in use.
Very handy tool for backup. It saves a lot of time
I didn’t have any issues installing or backing up my site.
très simple, et très sûr. Le backup sur une dropbox externe est pour moi un véritable avantage car je peux utiliser la dropbox de mon client, il garde accès à ses backups, nous sommes tranquilles.
This back-up plugin works just as you expect: simple and effective! Love to have my backups in my own Dropbox. Feels save! 🙂
I am using the latest version of WordPress and this works out brilliant for all my site back ups . Plus it’s free. Yes,yes,yes !
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
“Backup & Restore Dropbox” es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.
Registro de cambios
Please, keep your Dropbox Backup and Restore plugin up-to-date.
Rev. / Description
@1506575 New version 126.96.36.199 with full update of Dropbox backup and restore plugin.
@1506495 WordPress backup plugin Dropbox backup & restore, added “exclude/include” files and folder window. Bug fixes.
To restore connect to the database will be also used mysqli or mysql. The database connection type will be selected automatically.
During restoring process: the config file of WordPress wp-config.php will use config of new website configuration to connect to the database.
@1448769 “Dropbox backup & restore” – added tmp folder for library pclzip, deleted files tmp for pclzip
@1442461 “Dropbox backup & restore” – Show as Item in “Admin bar”
@1438063 “Dropbox backup & restore” new version(1.4.7) added – stop button, bugs fixed, update styles, process restore to connect mysql, process bar, update processes on creating mysqldump, archive files
@1427803 “Dropbox backup & restore” – update a view notice
@1407804 “Dropbox backup & restore” new version(1.4.4) added – check permission of backup folder
@1400462 filter for ajax text(html)
@1393861 Dropbox backup and restore tested up to WordPress 4.5
@1390219 Dropbox backup and restore fixes.
@1390174 “Dropbox Backup & restore” – add new version(188.8.131.52). Repairing database.
@1360807 Update of form view.
@1358919 Index files added.
@1357740 New restoration method in “Dropbox backup & restore” plugin version 1.4.6
@1357444 Plugin template updated.
@1355833 Account on Dropbox updated.
@1354789 Grammatical errors corrected.
@1353550 Working process of backup was corrected. Bug fixes. Backup redesign.
@1351929 “Dropbox backup & restore” new version(1.4.4) added – fixed methods etc.
@1349865 The folders of locally created backup and folder of backup.
@1348145 How to clone WordPress with Dropbox backup and restore. Question and Answer.
Tested up to WordPress version 4.4.2
Answers for questions about dropbox back up and restore plugin window.
Changes of features list for dropbox back up and restore plugin.
@1335797 Performing back up or restore.
@1335797 New version(1.4.2) added: corrected view JS with styles during Dropbox backup creating create.
@1334899 Dependencies for back up creation.
@1334070 New version(1.4.1) added: better functionality by working with the file lock.
@1332931 Bug fixes. Plugin Dropbox backup and restore revision added 1.4
Dropbox backup & restore – add new version(1.4): another way to work with database, bug fixes.
The time of back up creating.
Database optimization before backup.
Configuration of PHP extensions in Plesk panel.
Dropbox backup and restore was successfully tested up to 4.4.1 WordPress version.
Small text fix in description about activating of PHP extensions in cPanel for back up plugin.
Use of FTP protocol to create backup.
Solutions for storage back up.
Use separate server for remote backups
The list of requirements to backup website.
Requirements for creating back up.
Find and activate PHP Extensions for Dropbox website back up and restore.
@1314341 Dropbox website backup and restoration answer explained.
Website backup on “Low Memory” Hostings or Servers.
Website backup to Dropbox naming corrected to “Website backup”.
Website backup to Dropbox syntax corrected and one tag “Website back up” added.
Website backup to Dropbox FAQ.
@1309174 Dropbox back up and restoration features list in plugin description changed.
@1308460 Added new version 184.108.40.206 – update user interface.
@1307504 PHP extensions to create back up and restoring for Dropbox back up and restoration.
In FAQ carriage return corrected.
Installation instructions for Dropbox back up and restoration plugin.
Try to make a repairing before backup.
Dropbox backup and restore question – “Stopped progressing about an hour ago”.
Dropbox backup and restore slug was changed in plugin header for language translation.
Browser cache refresh in back up and restore plugin page under WordPress.
@1296429 Carriage return in installation instructions.
@1295049 Request about “what to do, if back up not working”
@1294253 Revision lines was added to back up and restoration.
@1293495 Answer in FAQ about folder permission.
@1292981 Question about folder permission was added to FAQ.
@1291392 Tags was added.
@1290489 Switching from FREE to PRO plugin version.
@1289603 Web Server basic_auth issue will be solved.
@1288063 Installation instructions for users about Dropbox Back up and Restore plugin descripted.
@1287201 New tags was added in plugin description.
@1286120 Database repairing coming soon in description.
@1285459 Database optimization in Dropbox back up and restoration.
@1284056 update wpadm function for search key
@1283439 Dropbox backup and restoration change log corrected.
@1281224 Version 220.127.116.11; WPAdm method corrected, message to recovery Dropbox Back up and restoration
@1279735 Version 18.104.22.168; Algorithm changed to create MySQL dump of Dropbox back up and restoration
@1277537 Dropbox back up and restoration plugin description was changed.
@1276653 Version 22.214.171.124; Performance improvement. Trying to avoid 5xx and 4xx system errors. Bug fixes.
@1274884 Checkbox for admins was fixed
@1274875 Fixed bug: checkbox to hide Dropbox backup and restore plugin from all users except admin
@1273510 add new version 1.3.3
@1273409 add expsys template
@1279408 Explanation in description of dropbox backup and restoration plugin was added.
@1273303 added index files
@1272797 Validate that dropbox backup was ended correctly.
@1272337 example in a question for registration in dropbox back up and restore
@1271819 added index to folder template
@1271744 question with answer about failed local back up
@1271154 “if exists” to database dump
@1270137 styling of text for 5xx errors
@1269473 js moved
@1268234 small changes in faq
@1267847 small changes in readme
@1266928 update messages in dropbox backup and restore plugin
@1266703 syntax WP
@1265985 update version 1.3.2
@1265068 update js (shows forms)
@1264052 add function search element
@1262500 explanation about support for plugin and hosting
@1261881 function for plugins
@1261222 updated version 1.3.1(auth form)
@1261188 small changes in readme
@1260383 update styles for mobile devices
@1260365 updated version 1.3
@1260019 add new version 126.96.36.199
@1259835 add new version 188.8.131.52
@1259518 to compare
@1259217 answer fur super question about backup and restore plugins
@1259203 question is corrected to dropbox backup and restoration
@1259182 FAQ question added to dropbox backup / restore plugin
@1257732 added comments database backup file
@1255849 update styles (button)
@1254709 Backup as Virus protection
@1253582 other notes 5xx errors
@1252805 Answer for question “how to clone my site” was added.
@1251866 dropbox backup, dropbox restore: question added
@1250954 explanation about dropbox connection request
@1250437 update styles (buttons)
@1249411 CR added
@1249102 syntax backup and restoration description
@1248616 add new version 184.108.40.206(update folder backup)
@1248057 features list
@1247607 tested up 4.3.1
@1246330 wordpress website backup and wordpress website restore plugin dashboard …
@1245871 dropbox backup and restore (website restore and website backup) update
@1245510 Added logging
@1244896 update sync
@1244885 description updated
@1244750 Dropbox backup and restore obligations
@1242514 pik @
@1241879 text update
@1241570 add new version 220.127.116.11(update form setting)
@1239293 description and tag changed
@1238734 tags update
@1237086 syntax faq
@1237081 FAQ question and answer
@1236213 readme description changed
@1235445 webpage changed to website
@1233859 user notice added
@1233133 update styles(form info)
@1230213 styles mobile devices(form)
@1229216 update style(button-send)
@1227611 tested version 4.3
@1227201 update styles(form info)
@1223663 update styles (form)
@1222885 update styles
@1220833 update styles (button)
@1219935 update styles (form)
@1217702 version changed
@1216872 small spell checking
@1214947 update styles (form)
@1214116 exclude cache folder
@1214080 add new version 18.104.22.168
@1213546 update version of WordPress
@1212423 restore description question
@1212013 new version 22.214.171.124
@1210498 update dropbox connect
@1210495 new version 126.96.36.199
@1210306 update styles
@1209297 update styles
@1209294 update styles
@1208999 new version 188.8.131.52
@1208987 Template update
@1208918 Update version WordPress
@1208262 faq answer
@1207546 faq question
@1206897 faq answer and question
@1206675 faq question
@1206472 faq answer
@1206316 faq question
@1203513 syntax corrected
@1203312 version changed to 184.108.40.206
@1203168 new version 1.2.9a
@1203089 Screenshots description
@1202467 Screenshot description