No. 1 Podcasting plugin for WordPress.
PowerPress Podcasting Plugin is to Publish and manage your podcast directly from your WordPress website, building your brand on your website. Developed by podcasters for podcasters (Blubrry Podcasting), the PowerPress podcast plugin works with all podcasting apps and platforms, including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Etc. Best of all, it integrates with Blubrry’s podcast hosting and statistics, providing convenient features such as easy upload directly within your dashboard. The plugin works with any podcast host.
PowerPress Key Features
- Integrated Players: PowerPress includes audio and video players with embedded support from sites like YouTube.
- NEW: Skip to Position in Player shortcode allows you to jump to a given time stamp from the episode, right in your player.
- Podcast Import and Migration: Moving from another podcast host or publishing platform? You can import your Podcast from Anchor, SoundCloud, Libsyn, PodBean, Buzzsprout, Squarespace, or any valid podcast RSS feed without losing episodes. Our Import Podcast tool, paired with our Migrate Media tool, can move your media to Blubrry Hosting without skipping a beat.
- Subscribe tools: Create a subscribe page with our subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens, and Apple Retina displays.
- Multiple Podcast & Feeds on one website: Create separate podcasts by category or media format using our Category Podcasting or Podcast Channels features.
- Languages: PowerPress has been translated into many languages and enables emoji use for your podcast feed.
Feel at ease with our Get Started setup guide. We’ll take you through settings and options best suited for your podcast.
- Essential settings: Quickly set the groundwork for your podcast and finalize your website setup.
- Podcast content: Create and publish your first episode online!
- On to the masses: Submit your podcast to directories like Apple, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music and more!
When you feel ready, head to PowerPress Settings and tap into additional options and features.
Integrated Media Players
Blubrry PowerPress includes extensive player options to display your podcast audio and video on your site.
- Audio Players: Pick from the Blubrry Player (available only to Blubrry Hosting customers), MediaElement.js, or the native HTML5 audio player. You can also use players from other themes and plugins.
- Reproductores de vídeo: elige entre MediaElement.js, VideoJS o el reproductor de vídeo nativo HTML5.
- Positioning: Move your player above or below your written content based on your needs and preferences.
- Player shortcode: Place the player exactly where you want by adding the
[powerpress]shortcode directly into your post content.
- Playlist player shortcode: Include a playlist of your latest podcast episodes utilizing the
[powerpress_playlist]shortcode in any page or post.
- Embeds: Add embeds from sites such as YouTube.
- PowerPress Supports: MP3, M4A, OGA (ogg audio), and OPUS audio files, though we highly recommend MP3. It also supports video formats like M4V, MP4, WEBM, and OGV.
Integrated Subscribe Tools
A Blubrry PowerPress exclusive! Our subscription tools help you convert website visitors into podcast subscribers. Subscribe options include:
- Subscribe page: Instantly create a subscribe page with simplified instructions on how to subscribe to your podcast using the PowerPress subscribe page shortcode. It includes buttons to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and many other platforms, like our Subscribe on Android and Subscribe by Email services.
- Subscribe sidebar widget: Want to display your subscribe buttons neatly and simply on your website’s sidebar? Take advantage of our Subscribe Sidebar Widget, which will populate the same subscription buttons as the Subscribe Page. It’s also optimized for mobile!
- Responsive: Our subscribe tools are designed for any screen by providing custom buttons optimized to industry standards (48 pixels in height optimized for touch screen use).
- Retina enabled: Subscribe button images optimized for high resolution displays including Apple Retina displays.
Streamlined Features for Blubrry Hosting Customers
Make your life easier by using our podcast hosting and statistics services to streamline your podcast productivity.
- Publish media files directly from your own site.
- View Blubrry hosting usage and overall monthly quota every time you upload a new file.
- Configure how Blubrry writes media (ID3) tags within PowerPress settings.
- Blubrry hosting customers can migrate media files at no additional cost to your Blubrry account with just a couple clicks. Check out Blubrry hosting plans.
All Blubrry statistics are IAB Certified Compliant. Free Statistics are FREE to anyone. Our Standard Statistics are included with Blubrry hosting plans. Or you can purchase Advanced Statistics for $5 a month.
Migrating from other Podcast Plugins
Note: Advanced settings such as settings for podcast categories will need to be recreated in PowerPress.
Migrating from another service such as Libsyn, PodBean, SoundCloud, or Squarespace?
Importing your podcast feed(s) into PowerPress is super easy! Simply paste your RSS feed URL into PowerPress’ Import Podcast tool. Importing your existing RSS feed into PowerPress pulls your episode posts into your site, then you can optionally migrate your media to your Blubrry Podcast Hosting account with only a couple of clicks.
PowerPress in Your Language
PowerPress is available in a number of languages. Starting with PowerPress 7.0, translations have been managed through translate.wordpress.org, making translations easier to set up and update. If you’re interested in translating PowerPress, please contact us.
Los traductores recibirán lo siguiente como agradecimiento por su contribución:
- Una cuenta gratuita de estadísticas de podcast estándar de Blubrry para tu podcast.
- Credit for their contribution listed in the PowerPress WordPress.org Translators list
- A link to your website or social media profile.
Contact the Blubrry Support team and look through the PowerPress documentation we’ve created.
- Angelo Mandato, CIO Blubrry – Plugin founder, architect and lead developer
- Pat McSweeny, PHP Developer – Developed initial version (v0.1.0) of plugin
- Jerry Stephens, Way of the Geek – Contributed initial code fix for excerpt bug resolved in v0.6.1, wrote initial code for the 4 new flash players.
- Darcy Fiander, Rooty Radio – Fixed bug with category links to FeedValidator.org and category title warning when validating category feeds.
- Joel Haasnoot, Personal Blog – Developed PodPress archive statistics.
- Nicolas Bouliane, Personal Blog – Contributed code for
- Isiah Lloyd – Ha desarrollado características incluidas en las versiones de PowerPress 7.5, 7.6 y parte de la 8.0
- Ben Beecroft – Developed features in PowerPress 8.1+
- Danish translation for v1.0.11+ by Team Blogos – Latest translation available here
- Traducción al francés para la v1.0.11 y superior por Aurélien Denis – Aurélien está buscando ayuda con el mantenimiento de la traducción al francés, si estás interesado, envía un mail a wpchannel [arroba] gmail.com.
- Simplified Chinese for v1.0.12+ by webmote – From webmote: Welcome to use the plugin. Very good! and then hope you to access my site.
- Italian translation for v2.0.4+ by Umberto Sartori
- Romanian translation for v2.0.4+ by Alexander Ovsov (Web Geek Sciense: http://webhostinggeeks.com/science/)
- Russian translation for v4.0.5+ by Igor Mercury
- Brazilian Portuguese translation for v6.0+ by Leo Lopes from Radiofobia
Point and Click Installation
- Sign into your blog, go to the plugins section and click ‘Add New’.
- In the search box enter «PowerPress», then click ‘Search’.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ link and proceed to install the plugin.
- Once installed, click ‘Activate’.
- Configure your Blubrry PowerPress by going to the Settings > Blubrry PowerPress page.
To install Blubrry PowerPress manually, follow these steps:
- Download PowerPress from WordPress.org.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to a temporary folder.
- Copy the entire powerpress folder from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your server.
- Activate the «Blubrry PowerPress» plugin in your blog’s Plugin Management page.
- Configure your Blubrry PowerPress by going to the Settings > Blubrry PowerPress page.
Next Major Release Announcements
- We are looking for beta testers! If you would like to beta test future versions of PowerPress, please contact us with your name and email.
Fan of PowerPress and want to show your support?
If you are a fan of PowerPress, we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment and leave us a review on WordPress.org. Your support is greatly appreciated!
Compatible Themes and Plugins
Most themes and plugins are compatible with PowerPress. PowerPress is developed and tested using the default themes packaged with WordPress. These themes use WordPress best practices and adhere to theme rules set by WordPress.org. Any child theme based on these themes should also work without issue.
If you are having a problem, try Diagnosing Feed and/or Player Issues.
If you are having a problem specifically with the player and links, try the «Having issues?» option under PowerPress Settings > Website > PowerPress Shortcodes tab. Visit Resolving Plugin or Theme Conflicts for details.
Premium podcasting themes compatible with PowerPress
Second Line Themes are designed specifically to take advantage of built-in features, settings, and podcast episode metadata in PowerPress. The Blubrry team works with the Appendipity team during beta testing and major WordPress releases to make sure the Podcast Pro theme and PowerPress work together seamlessly.
Why doesn’t Blubrry PowerPress support multiple enclosures in one feed item/post?
PowerPress does not allow you to include multiple media files for one feed item (blog post). This is because each podcatcher handles multiple enclosures in feeds differently. Apple Podcasts will download the first enclosure that it sees in the feed ignoring the rest. Other podcatchers and podcasting directories either pick up the first enclosure or the last in each post item. This inconsistency, combined with the fact that Dave Winer does not recommend multiple enclosures, is why the Blubrry PowerPress does not support them.
As an alternative, PowerPress allows you to create additional custom podcast feeds and channels to associate any magnitude of media format and/or length in a blog post to specific custom feeds. For example, you can create one blog post associated with separate video and audio podcast feeds, saving you time from entering your show notes twice.
Why doesn’t Blubrry PowerPress include media statistics built-in?
Blubrry’s PowerPress does not include media statistics built-in. This is not because Blubrry has its own statistics service, although that’s a good reason by itself. Maintaining and calculating statistics is a resource and server intensive task that would detract from an otherwise efficient WordPress podcasting plugin. We recommend using your media hosting’s web statistics to give you basic download numbers and, if you are seeking more granular measurements, such as client and geographical information for each episode, you’re more than welcome to use the Blubrry Statistics service as well.
How do you insert the player within a blog post?
You can insert the media player within your blog posts by using the WordPress shortcode feature. The shortcode for PowerPress is
You may use the shortcode to add a player to other media files (non episode files) by specifying the media url in the shortcode: [powerpress url=»http://example.com/path/to/media.mp3″]
For advanced users with multiple podcast feeds, you may insert the player for a specific feed by specifying the feed slug in the shortcode: [powerpress feed=»podcast»]
If you want to specify a cover image, add an image attribute which points to the specific image url: [powerpress image=»http://example.com/path/to/cover_image.jpg»] This is an experimental feature.
Why can’t you upload large media files?
File uploads are tricky to handle because there are so many web hosting variations with different upload size limits. We recommend using an FTP application to upload large media files. FTP is much more efficient than web based uploads and is typically provided by nearly all web hosting providers.
Alternatively, you can sign up for a Blubrry hosting plan, which makes file uploads in PowerPress easier.
The Media Player does not appear on my site (or the RSS feed is invalid)
This can happen when there is a theme or plugin conflict. Please visit our Diagnosing Feed and/or Player Issues for instructions how to resolve such issues.
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«PowerPress Podcasting plugin by Blubrry» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«PowerPress Podcasting plugin by Blubrry» ha sido traducido a 3 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
- Released on 01/25/2023
- Minified css to fix styling
- Released on 01/25/2023
- Small bugfixes
- New Podcast 2.0 tags
- Released on 01/19/2023
- Enable Media Mastering for Blubrry users
- Released on 01/16/2023
- Updated statistics redirect copy to stats prefix
- Support for Media Mastering for Blubrry users
- Released on 12/07/2022
- Bugfix for artwork uploader
- Other small bugfixes
- Added Swahili to podcast feed language options
- Released on 11/17/2022
- Bugfixes for the Post Type Podcasting page
- Open destinations links in a new tab
- Released on 11/07/2022
- Bugfixes for feed artwork and subscribe page styling
- Released on 11/02/2022
- Bugfix where posts with Blubrry programmatic ads would switch back to no ads when updated
- Released on 10/31/2022
- New subscribe page design
- Released on 10/24/2022
- Various bugfixes
- Refactored Channels page and added missing ajax div
- Refactored form submission on Category page
- Released on 10/10/2022
- Redesign pages for tools, channels, categories, taxonomies, and post types
- Add Buzzsprout import option
- Released on 10/12/2022
- Bugfix for division by zero
- Released on 09/30/2022
- Allow transcripts for past episodes to be generated
- Allow users to hide the RSS link
- Bugfixes in media_info check and stats prefix settings
- Released on 09/26/2022
- Moved MP3 Tag settings to Feed settings
- Updated styling on player pages
- Podping implementation
- Released on 09/20/2022
- Released on 09/19/2022
- Bugfix for Modern Player Customization
- Bugfix for modern player embed link
- Released on 09/12/2022
- Customization for Modern Blubrry Player
- Bugfix for generating transcripts
- Released on 09/07/2022
- Language selection for transcripts thru Blubrry
- Bugfix for transcripts
- Released on 08/22/2022
- Support for transcripts thru Blubrry
- Released on 08/23/2022
- Bugfix for Blubrry Programmatic Ads
- Released on 08/17/2022
- Support for Programmatic Ads thru Blubrry
- Released on 08/03/2022
- Encode html special characters in media URLs
- Allow more characters for certain Blubrry media URLs
- Released on 07/27/2022
- Updated wording for ‘Stats Prefix’
- Allow some HTML tags in descriptions in the PowerPress Network section
- Released on 07/18/2022
- Small bugfixes for podcast publishing
- Released on 06/08/2022
- Bugfix for pro hosting Blubrry customers
- Released on 06/01/2022
- Revamped the migration flow for Blubrry hosting customers
- Released on 05/25/2022
- Small bugfixes
- Styling tweaks on Welcome tab in PowerPress Settings
- Released on 05/11/2022
- Disabled php notices in podcast feeds
- Removed ‘No Default’ option
- Fixed a bug causing some to see an error that podcast data had been entered
- Released on 04/19/2022
- Fixed a strict category mode bug, where the player was added to non-podcast posts
- Released on 04/11/2022
- Fixed a bug in the network section related to application submission
- Fixed a bug related to the new PowerPress migration alert
- Added rel=»captions» attribute to podcast:transcript tag
- Prevent episode numbers like 2.0 from going into the feed–ints only
- Added podcast description to onboarding
- Insert author name during Blubrry onboarding
- Released on 03/08/2022
- Updated feed import flow
- Updated media migration flow
- Updated Blubrry signin flow
- Released on 03/30/2022
- Fixed publishing bug that was affecting multi-program users
- Allow podcast data to be saved to a post without a media URL (while excluding that post from podcast feeds)
- Released on 03/21/2022
- Fixed media publishing bug
- Released on 03/18/2022
- Fixed verify media bug
- Released on 03/02/2022
- Fixed verify media bug for drafts
- Fixed clear cache button in network section
- Clear cache on application accept
- Released on 02/07/2022
- Removed warning for Blubrry media URLs with query strings
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.9
- Added warning for PHP max query vars reached for sites with many podcast channels (commented until link is fixed)
- Released on 01/10/2022
- Fixed PHP8 fatal error
- Fixed a bug with Blubrry account linking
- Fixed a bug related to Blubrry uploader cross-origin issues
- Released on 11/22/2021
- Bugfix for already published media
- Released on 11/15/2021
- Bugfix for media publishing filename issue
- Released on 11/04/2021
- Solved a bug in the wp_audio_shortcode_override action
- Added 2021 icon sprites
- Added wp_nonce to admin-ajax actions
- Updated links to Blubrry hosting onboarding
- Released on 10/25/2021
- Solved a bug that occurred when detecting a filetype on media with a query string
- Released on 10/04/2021
- Fixed a missing CSS issue in the onboarding section
- Updated copy
- Allow query strings in media from trusted hosts
- Released on 09/13/2021
- Corrected admin url in several places to exclude unnecessary admin.php
- Released on 09/01/2021
- Solved conflict with woocommerce
- Updated video and image in readme
- Added title attribute to Blubrry player for ADA compliance
- Released on 08/18/2021
- Start sending website admin URL on migrate for Blubrry users
- Released 07/19/2021
- Bugfixes in the PowerPress Network section
- Released 06/09/2021
- Added a setting to suppress itunes:author, itunes:isClosedCaptioned, itunes:summary, and itunes:subtitle inside item tags
- Small bugfix in stats widget area
- Stop caching list of applicants in network section
- Released 06/02/2021
- Bypass caching in network-related API calls
- Start sending website admin URL for Blubrry users
- Released 05/19/2021
- Small bugfix from today’s earlier release
- Released 05/19/2021
- Small bugfixes
- Released 05/10/2021
- Bugfixes in Blubrry uploader, network subscribe widget, and channel CSS
- Fixed a vulnerability in the PowerPress Settings section pointed out by Darius Sveikauskas
- Released 05/04/2021
- Fixed a bug related to the stats data cache
- Released 05/03/2021
- Add Blubrry stats widget to WordPress dashboard and PowerPress settings
- Remove deprecated Post to Social feature
- Small bug fixes
Changes to links and Blubrry messages
- Released on 04/29/2021
- Fixed a PowerPress uploader bug introduced in a chrome update
- Released 04/22/2021
- Fixed a bug in the PowerPress Network area
- Released 04/14/2021
- Fixed Create New Episode button for Post Type feeds
- Fixed soon-to-be broken assets2.blubrry.com links
- Small bugfixes
- Released 04/08/2021
- Accept JSON uploads in episode box
- Small bugfix for PHP strpos error in feed auth
- Remove unnecessary link in migrate area
- Released 03/26/2021
- Remove broken YouTube link from readme
- Released 03/12/2021
- Podcast Index namespace-related bugfix
- Released 03/12/2021
- Podcast Index namespace-related bugfix
- Released 03/10/2021
- Bugfix–added Podcast Index namespace
- Released 03/10/2021
- Added settings for Podcast Index tags: locked, location, funding, transcript, chapters
- Several small bug fixes
- Released 01/13/2021
- Fixed a bug in the Blubrry account linking
- Released 12/22/2020
- Added destinations for JioSaavn, Gaana, and Podchaser
- Added destinations to the rawvoice:subscribe tag in the feed
- Released 12/08/2020
- Tested with WordPress version 5.6
- Added query string so as to circumvent server caching when grabbing Blubrry shows associated to account
- Updated readme with up-to-date information about the plugin
- Released 11/30/2020
- Fixed CSRF security vulnerabilities inside the new login
- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities in metamarks function
- Replaced deprecated wp_make_content_images_responsive with wp_filter_content_tags
- Fixed a bug that was causing the text color to be white in the Title input in post editor
- Released 11/17/2020
- Re-ordered destinations to better integrate new Amazon Music and Podcast Index
- Updated the episode box so that if validation is skipped, the user doesn’t have to click Edit Media to edit
- No longer forcing Apple or Google icons in any locations
- Made an adjustment for the modern Blubrry icon–was getting cut off on Chrome for Mac
- Fixed text in amazon music subscribe link under player–previously said «Blubrry»
- Released 11/6/2020
- Fixed text in podcast index subscribe link under player–previously said «Blubrry»
- Re-added Unlink option if there is an error in Connected to Blubrry Account menu
- Released 11/5/2020
- Added subscribe links for Podcast Index
- Fixed a JS error
- Released 10/29/2020
- Refactored sprites so new icons would show up
- Deleted leftover code that was tagging PowerPress Network as its own plugin
- Released 10/29/2020
- Network Mode setting renamed to Multi-Program Mode
- Added Destinations for Amazon Music and Podcast Index
- Merged PowerPress Network plugin into PowerPress
- Switched Blubrry authentication method to oauth2
- Released 10/08/2020
- Fixed a security vulnerability concerning image uploads
- Small bugfix so that welcome tab of settings page shows the correct feed info
- Released 08/31/2020
- Fixed a bug that was displaying subscribe links that had not been set
- Fixed a couple bugs that were throwing PHP errors
- Released 08/24/2020
- Fixed a bug in the player settings tab that was messing with episode artwork setting
- Re-added ‘Disable Blubrry Stats in Dasboard’ option, into Advanced Settings
- Fixed a jQuery bug
- Released 08/11/2020
- Small bugfix
- Tested with WordPress 5.5 beta
- Released 07/01/2020
- Added Farsi language
- Small CSS fixes
- Stopped showing general ‘feeds’ settings for custom feeds
- Fixed a bug where the Subscription Links Under Player setting wasn’t saving
- Released 06/03/2020
- Styled news items in WP Dashboard
- Fixed a bug where artwork settings weren’t saving properly
- Fxied bug where player link options would not save correctly
- Released 06/02/2020
- Added a check in the welcome page so that if there are >1000 posts, powerpress won’t query all of them
- Added the Save button back to Audio Player, Video Player, and MP3 Tags Settings pages which it had been removed from
- Started using WordPress functions to link JS code, as tags were causing an issue
- Released 06/01/2020
- Bug fix to artwork upload in Settings
- Released 06/01/2020
- Fresh new appearance for PowerPress settings tabs
- Now, helpful info about your show and its progress appear at the top of the Welcome tab
- Destinations-related settings consolidated to the Destinations tab
- Podcast SEO and Advanced Settings are now within the Settings tabs
- Released 04/29/2020
- Entry Box Settings are back–this time, find them by clicking the gear in the upper right of the entry box
- The Permalinks setting has been moved from the Website tab in Settings to the new Entry Box Settings
- Fixed a bug from 8.2.10 where media couldn’t be removed from a post
- Fixed a bug where «Verify» error messages were not showing up in the right spot
- Released 04/23/2020
- Update design for episode box–media URL section and Remove Episode moved
- Artwork previews now will use default images rather than broken ones
- Fixed a compatibility issue with older php versions
- Released 04/03/2020
- Corrected a typo in Non-Profit Apple category
- Fixed bug with PodPress data clobbering an already imported episode in certain circumstances.
- Added logic to handle importing with all supported Blubrry media URLs.
- Released 3/30/2020
- Tested with new WordPress 5.4 beta
- Subscribe on Email is now toggled by the checkbox in the Settings tab
- Fixed a bug where Apple category tags with no subcategory were not generated correctly
- Released 3/20/2020
- Stopped filling a default season number
- Started displaying all of PowerPress to new installs so that the Settings link isn’t broken on the Plugins page
- Fixed a bug where GUIDs were not preserved on import for some feeds with newer versions of WordPress
- Added the dark theme again which was mistakenly removed from the minified CSS file
- Deleted notification about Apple’s category changes
- Fixed a number of small CSS problems
- Released 3/4/2020
- Fixed a bug that was messing with some users’ season numbers
- Added an option in Settings to display the whole episode box (as opposed to verifying the media link before allowing any metadata to be entered)
- Fixed a bug that was being caused by translated characters
- Corrected the powerpress player shortcode [powerpress] in the episode box
- Fixed some smaller bugs dealing with the functionality of the tabs and the artwork preview for multiple categories
- Released 2/20/2020
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the explicit setting from saving
- Released 2/18/2020
- Minified CSS files for faster loading times
- Consolidated CSS classes and gave them more unique names so as to avoid conflict with other plugins
- Added the ability for PowerPress to remember the season of the last episode published and put this as a default value in this field for new posts
- Made poster image setting visible to all
- Released 2/13/2020
- Added Remove Episode option back into episode box
- Fixed a bug where title input wasn’t showing up (for users who had selected to specify an episode title)
- Season value is now allowed to be empty
- Added a label for the explicit setting
- Fixed a bug where the settings for the player size weren’t showing up for video media
- Released 2/12/2020
- Tweaked id3 library so as to prevent php compatibility errors
- Fixed a bug that was throwing an error in the subscribe widget
- Slight CSS tweaks
- Released 2/11/2020
- Fixed editor detection–now styling/responsiveness will accommodate for classic editor
- Fixed a bug where the .js file wasn’t getting loaded for everyone
- Fixed a bug that would reload the page when a «View More»-type link was clicked
- Released 2/10/2020
- Eliminated Episode tab–whole episode box appears
- New interface with multiple tabs and cleaner, clearer settings
- Media link is now verified automatically
- Updated id3 library to be compatible with PHP 7.4
- Released 1/17/2020
- Now, if users define(‘POWERPRESS_NO_REMOVE_WP_HEAD’), links will not be removed from webpage head
- Updated readme to reflect that PowerPress is compatible with the most recent version of WordPress
- Added images that were missing in the Getting Started section
- Eliminated Simple Mode
- Replaced Simple Mode with a Getting Started section which shows up the first time someone opens PowerPress
- Getting Started includes feed info settings, feed import, and media migration
- Getting Started can also be revisited at any time
- Added trim call for ajax returns in case website is sending extra new lines due to a theme or plugin
- Now using the latest media detection library (getid3) in WordPress
- Released on 11/15/2019
- Added titles to iframes so as to be compliant with ADA
- Made a styling tweak in the subscribe shortcode
- Now, all three Apple categories will show up regardless of whether they are set
- Users can no longer hide certain ios11 settings in their Tools tab
- Released on 10/24/2019
- Brought back the ability to render black subscribe buttons using [powerpress_subscribe style=»dark»] (Thanks @vennstone for bringing to our attention!)
- Improved custom CSS setting so that !important tags could be stripped from subscribe sidebar widgets (Thanks Bree @lifesgood for pointing out the problem)
- Feed Landing Page URL setting can now be set for the default podcast feed (Thanks Daniel for the suggestion)
- Next week, we will release an update to Blubrry’s Media uploader to work better within PowerPress so that it is more accessible with text reading software such as JAWS and ZoomText (Thanks Gary for helping us!)
- Added support for the WPML plugin (Thanks David and Bobby from WPML!)
- Configured Websub publish API call timeout to 3 seconds.
- Released on 10/09/2019
- Fixed submit links for iHeartRadio, Deezer, and Pandora
- Deleted Google Play Image settings
- Released on 10/7/2019
- New Subscribe Destinations added:
** Deezer – Anyone can now submit their podcast to Deezer with just a blubrry.com account. Learn more
** Pandora – Submit your podcast to Pandora
** iHeart – Submit your podcast to iHeart radio.
- New Subscribe button styling options!!!
** Buttons now use an SVG sprite, providing a small footprint while being optimized for retina displays. Subscribe buttons have never been so crisp!
** There is a new «Modern» color scheme, with the traditional square or new rounded corners.
** Subscribe Widget can now be configured horizontally for use in horizontal widget areas.
- Added an option to remove !important and text-align left styling to subscribe buttons.
- Switched the
plugin_action_linksfilter to use
array_pushfunction call to avoid notice messages when another plugin or theme converts the links array to a string.
- Fixed bug since recent update to WordPress where the default feed had the word feed in the URL twice. (Thanks Daniel for pointing out the issue!)
- Lanzado el 31/08/2019
- Apple category «After Shows» updated.
- Now using the https version for (castfeedvalidator.com)[https://castfeedlivadator.com] when clicking validate for feeds.
- CastFeedValidator diagnoses problems with your feed that could be preventing your episodes from reaching listeners. There are four phases of testing, performing more than 100 checks on your feed�s various components.
- Added class .blubrryplayer to the iframe for the Blubrry Player, for styling purposes.
- Lanzado el 31/07/2019
- Fixed bug for older versions of PHP with WebSub, service to notify Google Podcasts of new episodes.
- Released on 7/25/2019
- Fixed logic bug introduced in 7.5 for sites using versions of PHP 5.4 or older.
- Added code changes to Blubrry Hosting’s Post to Social from PowerPress feature. (Last beta release of this feature!)
- Lanzado el 23-07-2019
- Added library for PubSubHubbub. Missed it when merging latest git release into wordpress.org svn. Sorry about that!
- Lanzado el 23-07-2019
- Added new Apple categories announced in July. The new Apple Categories will be made available on Apple Podcasts mid August, 2019.
- Added Multi-program Blubrry Podcast Hosting, perfect for Category podcasting.
- Added Update Google PubSubHubbub, lets Google Podcasts and other podcast directory services when your podcast publishes new episodes.
- Added support for various languages to podcast as including «Thai» and «Vietnamese».
- Lanzado el 21/06/2019
- Fixed bug introduced in last update that calculated the total number of episodes when viewing podcasts in channels and post types in PowerPress admin. (Thanks @edzila60610 for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed all mentions of Google+. (Thanks @k_abel for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed notice message getting cut off for the «Clear Plugins Update Cache» option under «Tools». (Thanks @k_abel for bringing to our attention!)
- Added option
archive=»true» for the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode to allow for the shortcode to be added to archive/category pages.
- Lanzado el 6/12/2019
- Updated labels for Subscribe buttons and links in admin.
- Note: Apple has announced the end of life for iTunes desktop (except for Windows). PowerPress will be removing iTunes desktop specific features where they conflict with the Apple Podcasts iOS app.
- Enhanced iTunes summary updated, optimized for latest iOS podcasts app. It is now designed for Apple Podcasts iOS app rather than for iTunes desktop. (Thanks Robin for your assistance!)
- Force feed discovery on homepage only to use default podcast feed for Google Search.
- Fixed bug with deleting media files hosted on Blubrry Podcast hosting.
- Fixed bug with posts with revisions being part of the total number of episodes when viewing podcast feeds in PowerPress settings.
- Fixed bug with skipto position time not getting included in feed show notes. (Thanks @tszt for bringing to our attention!)
- Lanzado el 26/04/2019
T_FUNCTIONbug for PHP 5.2 (not an issue if you have PHP 5.3 or newer)
- Released on 4/10/2019
- Added logic to authentication email addresses differently for premium password protected podcasts.
- Added support for YoastSEO and Google Podcasts (Thanks @sunkast for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed use of
create_functionto fix damaged serialized data created by the old PodPress plugin. (Thanks @oilmanmag and Dimitris for bringing to our attention!)
esc_attr()bug with podpress import.
- Added Tamil (ta) as a podcast feed language option. Thanks KT for requesting! If you do not see your language pelase contact us we will add it!
- Changed feed join query to solve conflict with the Affiliate Disclosure Pro plugin. (Thanks @ndnakashima for bringing to our attention!)
- New functionality for Taxonomy podcasting and the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode (Thanks @tristanmason for testing!)
- Fixed taxonomy bugs with the playlist player shortcodes (Thanks @tristanmason for the code and helping us test!)
- PowerPress playlist player can now be ordered in ascending order with attribute order=»asc» (Thanks @tristanmason for the code and helping us test!)
- Fixed bug with skipto shortcode leaving a blank value in feeds. (Thanks @tszt for bringing to our attention!)
- Skipto timestamp now uses the timestamp exactly as you entered it as the label as long as it has at least one colon to separate minutes from seconds.
- Fixed bug for post type podcasting in the situation where there can be multiple post types for blog posts or pages. (Thanks @shawnogordo for the bug fix!)
- Released on 10/03/2018
- NEW: Skip to Position in Player shortcode, quickly skip to a position in your audio episodes from your show notes. e.g.
[skipto time="2:34"]Learn more
- MEW: Emoji in show notes! You can now enter Emoji characters into the show notes to appear in podcast apps. Enable option in Feed settings tab. Previously WordPress converst Emoji to images which are not displayed in podcast apps. Learn more
- Added option to override the Google Podcasts subscribe URL.
- Enhanced VideoObject, a feature in Podcasting SEO.
- Improved base64 encoding Google Podcasts Subscribe URLs. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the heads up!)
- Removed option
Append show title to episode titlesper request from Apple.
- Released on 07/10/2018
- Spotify and Google Podcasts subscribe links added to Destinations.
- PowerPress users using Blubrry Podcast Hosting may now submit shows to Spotify!
- Added PodcastMirror setting, a modern alternative to FeedBurner. Learn more about PodcastMirror at podcastmirror.com
- Converted loop logic from each() to foreach() for PHP 7.3+ / 8.0+ compatibility.
- Improved logic for playlist player to appear better when certain settings are not set.
- Moved the enqueue script (‘jquery-ui-tabs’) logic so it only loads in the powerpress admin pages. (Thanks @keenanpayne for the code change!)
- Added define option
POWERPRESS_POSTTYPE_MIXING, when set to true podcast channels for the default podcast feed will mix all post types of type post with the default podcast feed. (Thanks @eos-rose for bringing to our attention)
- Released on 12/13/2017
- Added code to allow customization of Blubrry player style and colors.
- Added code to set no-cache headers in AJAX calls.
- Updated code to fixed bug where new iTunes episode title field may not save with some web hosting platforms using mod security with PHP 5.x. (Thanks @glark, Karren, and others for helping us fix the issue!)
- Changed the menu slug name for editing PowerPress settings.
- Removed safe mode logic for older versions of PHP. (Thanks @BrentO for reporting)
- Added logic to support feeds with bbpress. (Thanks @mubashiriqbal for bringing to our attention!)
- Added missing argument for get_post_type_object() in powerpress-subscribe (Thanks John for bring to our attention)
- Added disable iOS 11 field options under tools to help diagnose issue with some websites that show a 404 page when editing settings since the iOS11 fields were introduced.
- Changed the names of the new iOS11 fields that were getting caught by Mod Security for some users.
- Fixed bug with Taxonomy podcasting statistics redirects not being compatible with versions of WordPress older than 4.5 (Thanks @fmnowling for bringing to our attention!)
- iTunes Maximizer option 11+ older episodes now includes the iTunes summary by default to reflect changes with iOS11. (Thanks Daniel Lewis for the suggestion!)
- Fixed link to powerpress translation page which was returning 404
- Added CastFeedValidator.com links for validating podcast feeds.
- Added Hindi and Punjabi to list of Podcast feed langauges (Thanks @blueblast for requesting the languages to be added)
- Released on 08/24/2017
- NOTE: There is no urgency to update to this version unless you can benefit from bug fixes listed.
- BETA COMING SOON: PowerPress 7.2 Beta will be available within 24-72 hours. Please visit https://blubrry.com/support/powerpress-documentation/powerpress-beta/ for more details.
- Added logic to prevent the W3 Total Cache plugin from minifying podcast feeds. (Thanks @allimaple for bringing to our attention)
- Fixed warning messages in the getid3 library so they comply with PHP 7.1+. (Thanks @mahe for letting us know about the problem)
- Fixed error verifying URLs for file formats not supported by iTunes.
- Feed import now compatible with Spreaker podcast feeds.
- Added code when including the subscribe CSS file to make sure it’s always included with various WordPress updates (Thanks Tim for the code fix!)
- Added checkbox in Blubrry Player configuration for making iTunes Episode image use optional with player. Unchecked by default.
- Released on 7/11/2017
- Added support for iOS 11!
- iTunes type added, specify episodic or serial for your podcast program (for iOS 11).
- iTunes episode title, number, season and type added for your episodes (for iOS 11).
- Subscribe on iTunes changed to Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, links have been enhanced to highlight episodes.
- Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting and HTTPS: Media URLs are now automatically converted to HTTPS.
- Added compatibility for the SG CachePress plugin. PowerPress will clear the cache if there was an error. (Thanks @grudesky for getting us in touch with developers!)
- Fixed error with creating the subscribe page in some languages (Thanks @edithmayerhofer for bringing to our attention).
- Better error reporting when importing podcast feed images.
- Verify media option improvements, mp3 duration is now detected even faster in most cases!
- Added logic to prevent notice messages with the subscribe_shortcode and newest versions of PHP. (Thanks @mahe for bringing to our attention)
- Added «Hide player / links: Read more tagged posts» option, hides the player and links on pages with the read more link. (Thanks @calebsg0 for the suggestion!)
- Google play schema URL updated.
- Added «redirect_rule» list of post types not used for podcasting. For compatibility with the «Safe Redirect Manager» plugin.
- Blubrry Player now uses the episode itunes image if set. The URLs to the images must be https:// in order to appear on social networking sites.
- Windows Media Player in browser support has been removed. Microsoft Edge browser does not support Windows Media Player in the browser.
- New logic added for dealing with Internet Explorer / Edge browser preloading media when using the MediaElement.js player.
- Fixed PHP warning message if media size in bytes is zero when displaying file size with player links.
- No longer using self closing XML for iTunes Categories.
- iTunes subscribe itpc:// links are no longer supported.
- Editing default podcast channel now imports global settings by default if blank. (Thanks Robin for bringing to our attention!)
- RSS Podcast feed Import error message added when the PHP XML library is not available. (Thanks @hgetrost for bringing to our attention!)
- Released on 2/18/2017
- NOTE: There is no urgency to update to this version unless you can benefit from the new import options, top level iTunes category options, or bug fixes listed.
- Playlist player bug fix: When ids=»» are specified, episodes are now listed in the order entered rather than by date. (Thanks Zach Herbert for bringing to our attention!)
- Updated the
powerpress_subscribeshortcode to include the latest iTunes button in svg format and added the iTunes small badge. Use attribute itunes_badge=»true» to display iTunes badge.
- Changed import feed code to use the current author ID rather than hard coded to 1. (Thanks @tund3r for the bug fix!)
- Import feed for libsyn updated. (Thanks @tund3r for the code fix!)
- Import feed advanced option «Remove query strings from media URLs» added. (Thanks @tund3r!)
- Fixed rare PHP Notice unserialize() on line 3094 error that may happen if the podcast episode serialized data is not present. (Thanks @hmseb for pointing out the notice to us!)
- Added colon «:» to list of characters that can be in a valid media URL. (Thanks AfterBuzzTV.com! for the heads up!)
- Fixed notice message that can appear when using the media objects with the powerpress shortcode. (Thanks @srumery for reporting the problem!)
- Fixed issue with dashboard failing to load in some cases due to news feed being blocked by web server. (Thanks Jacob K. for helping us debug the problem!)
- iTunes categories with subcategories are no longer strictly enforced. If you want to select «Art» without selecting a sub category you now can. Selecting a category with a sub category is still optimal.
- Added ability to import a podcast feed to a post type podcast feed or to a podcast channel.
- Added ability to set the post status when importing a podcast feed. (Thanks @hgetrost for the feature suggestion!)
- Added compatibility with the Custom Post Widget plugin. (Thanks @aparentdesign for letting us know about the problem)
- Fixed bug where ogg audio was not using the correct audio player. (Thanks @joeress for letting us know about the bug)
- Fixed bug with import not matching episode media URLs correctly. (Thanks @hgetrost for bringing to our attention)
- Released 9/13/2016
- Fixed issue when editing channel/category/post type podcast settings double escaping & character. (Thanks Robin Brinkler for bringing to our attention!)
- Added checks for OpenSSL and cURL SSL support to the Diagnostics page.
- PowerPress «Verify» option now works with MemberPress. (Thanks MemberPress for the code!)
- Added new debugging define
POWERPRESS_DEBUG_QUERIES, displays SQL queries at the bottom of the feed for diagnostic purposes.
- Feed option to not allow other plugins from modyfing podcast feeds now bypasses the
- Added 2 new define options for podcast feeds and HTTPS. For example, it is possible to host your website via HTTPS but serve the feed via HTTP. (Thanks @Fastmover for the patch that inspired this option)
define('POWERPRESS_FEEDS_FORCE_HTTPS', true);when added to wp-config.php forces all media links and iTunes images to use HTTPS.
define('POWERPRESS_FEEDS_FORCE_HTTP', true);when added to wp-config.php forces all media links and iTunes images to use HTTP.
- Released on 7/22/2016
- Fixed bug with new Blubrry Player not displaying show notes button.
- Added TuneIn subscribe URL option. (Thanks @kgagne for bringing to our attention!)
- Removed the PHP 5.2 or older error message in the getid3 library. (Thanks davidpmariano for the heads up!)
- Fixed bug where podcast channels with a blank feed title do not apply specific channel settings like the website link. (Thanks Robin Brinkler for bringing to our attention!)
- Fixed bug where category episodes were not using the category settings like they used to if only one category is selected. (Thanks Jason Bryant for explaining the situation for us to reproduce the problem!)
- Added additional logic to better handle category podcasting when strict category podcasting is not enabled.
- Removed itunes:summary when Feed Maximizer on (this was the behavior before 7.0). iTunes summary is a duplicate of the RSS description. To include itunes summary in maximizer mode, please add
define('POWERPRESS_MAXIMIZER_INCLUDE_ITUNES_SUMMARY', true);in your wp-config.php.
- Released on 6/20/2016
- Fixed bug where verify media could fail with «unable to determine file format» caused by getid3 library update. (Thanks @budgetnerd for bringing to our attention!)
- Re-added the itpc links for subscribe on iTunes when no iTunes subscribe URL provided. For those who wanted this, please notice itpc does not work on iOS devices.
- Statistics redirects that do not end with a / will now work. We add a slash if no slash is present.
- Removed February 2016 iTunes notice message.
- Subscribe by Email, on Google Play and Stitcher options removed for premium podcast feeds.
- Subscribe links will no longer appear when episode no links option checked. (Thanks @360woodworking for bringing to our attention)
- Released on 6/6/2016
- Added Google Play Music to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget.
- Added Stitcher to subscribe page shortcode embed and sidebar widget.
- New: Strict Category Podcasting. Select a specific category to each episode for statistics tracking and subscription links.
- New: Podcast only category feeds. You can now mix blog posts with podcast episodes in your podast categories.
- New: Blubrry Audio Player. Modern podcast audio player complete with subscribe and share tools. For Blubrry Hosting customers only.
- Updated the getid3 library to latest version.
- Embed link enhanced to use provided embed. If an embed is placed into an episode, the embed link below the player will use that embed as well.
- Fixed bug where post type podcast feed with slug ‘podcast’ will also get the default podcast feed settings (Thanks steveportigal for bringing to our attention).
- Fixed bug with WP 4.5 dropping the
rss-httpcontent type «text/xml».
- Added shortcode attribute
ids=""so you can specify post IDs for the playlist player to display exclusively. (Thanks John Haspel for the feature suggestion!)
- RSS import now sets the blog post content from the iTunes summary if no description or content:encoded was found in the feed. (Thanks @synthtony for letting us know about the situation)
- RSS import function calls to
mb_stripos()will fallback to
stripos()if the PHP mb (Multibyte String) library not available. (Thanks Glen Donohu for bringing to our attention!)
- Import to podcast category option added.
- Added audio ac3 and dts to media detection getid3 library (these are not podcast safe formats though we can detect their meta information).
- Improved logic for setting the iTunes subtitle and iTunes summary from blog post excerpts and blog post content if no custom iTunes summary and/or subtitle is set.
- Improved feed logic to minimize SQL queries
- Feed Maximizer option now applies to category podcast only feeds.
- Renamed «Appearance» settings to «Website» settings
- Added «Destination» settings for podcast directories and apps
- You can now select from pages when setting your Subscribe Page.
- Changed labels for Podcasting SEO guidance to include word «Podcasting» so not to confuse with «Web SEO».
- Updated Podcasting SEO guidance to reflect how search works in Google Play Music (Thanks Daniel Lewis for confirming what is indexed!)
- Changed wording for Podcasting SEO guidance with Author field, replaced «slogans» with «nicknames» so it is more clear that we mean slogans for talent on the show.
- Removed logic to fallback to the HTML5 player for mobile devices. This was only needed when Flash based players were used.
- Quicktime Embed option for m4a audio removed due to security concerns with Quicktime.
- SWF embed support dropped.
- Embed link now toggles embed box when clicked multiple times.
Additional PowerPress Version History
Please visit the PowerPress Version History page for history prior to version 6.0.