The RSVP plugin was created to help manage attendees for your events. It was initially created for my wedding and has since been used across thousands of events including:
- Business conferences
- Church gatherings
- Other community events
- And much much more
Many options to customize the front-end accessible from the WordPress admin area. Attendee management is available via WordPress admin. If you want even more functionality check out RSVP Pro which gives you the ability to do multiple events, setup reminder emails, translate easier and much much more.
- Open registration or private attendee list
- Custom questions
- Import and export attendees
- Ability for attendees to add additional guests
- Easy to customize text
- Passcode or no passcode to RSVP
- Easy attendee management
- Associate attendees to make it easier for groups/families to RSVP all at the same time
- Email notifications
ADDITIONAL FEATURES IN RSVP Pro
- Multiple events
- Even more text customizations
- Public attendee lists
- Ability to send notifications and reminders
- AJAX based front-end
- More info at https://rsvpproplugin.com
What?! You found a bug, well we’d love to have a patch or issue posted at our GitHub page for RSVP Plugin. If for whatever reason we don’t want to accept a request we will tell you why and work with you to figure out a way to get it accepted. Also, if your pull request is accepted we will credit you in the plugin’s changelog.
- Upload the
rsvpfolder to the
- Activar el plugin desde el menú «Plugins» de WordPress
- Add and/or import your attendees to the plugin and set the options you want
- Create a blank page and add [rsvp] on this page
Can I style the plugin?
Yes. Below are the styles for the plugin:
- rsvpPlugin – ID of the main RSVP Container. Each RSVP step will be wrapped in this container
- rsvpParagraph – Class name that is used for all paragraph tags on the front end portion of the RSVP
- rsvpFormField – Class for divs that surround a given form input, which is a combination of a label and at least one form input (could be multiple form inputs)
- rsvpAdditionalAttendee – Class for the div container that holds each additional RSVP attendee you are associated with
- additionalRsvpContainer – The container that holds the plus sign that allows for people to add additional attendees
- rsvpCustomGreeting – ID for the custom greeting div that shows up if that option is enabled
- rsvpBorderTop – Class for setting a top border on certain divs in the main input form
- rsvpCheckboxCustomQ – Class for the div that surrounds each custom question checkbox
- rsvpClear – A class for div elements that we want to use to set clear both. Currently used only next to rsvpCheckboxCustomQs as they are floated
- rsvpAdditionalAttendeeQuestions – Class name for the div that wraps around all additional attendee questions
- rsvpCustomQuestions – Class name for the div that wraps around all custom questions for each attendee
Is there a GitHub Repository?
Yes, that is where the main development is done – https://github.com/SwimOrDieSoftware/Wordpress-RSVP-Plugin
Can I Prefill Attendee Information?
Yes, go to the page associated with the RSVP form and add to the querystring the following parameters.
- firstName – For the person’s first name
- lastName – For the person’s last name
- passcode – If passcode is enabled and/or required this will need to be added as well
For example if you have a page that is /rsvp for domain example.com your URL might look like – http://www.example.com/rsvp?firstName=test&lastName=test
Colaboradores y desarrolladores
«RSVP and Event Management Plugin» es un software de código abierto. Las siguientes personas han colaborado con este plugin.Colaboradores
«RSVP and Event Management Plugin» ha sido traducido a 7 idiomas locales. Gracias a los traductores por sus contribuciones.
¿Interesado en el desarrollo?
Registro de cambios
2.7.13 – 18.09.2023
- Changed: Email address is now required to rsvp if there are several guest with the same name. ( #69 )
- Changed: Settings checkboxes transformed into toggles ( #64 )
- Fixed: Hidden radio/checkbox inputs with Go theme by GoDaddy ( #57 )
2.7.12 – 13.06.2023
- Fixed: Add max length to short answer ( #61 )
2.7.11 – 16.02.2023
2.7.10 – 13.12.2022
- Fixed: Translations & .pot file update
2.7.9 – 12.12.2022
- Fixed: Translations & .pot file update
2.7.8 – 28.03.2022
- Fixed: Added capability check when exporting ( https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/82 )
2.7.7 – 23.03.2022
- Fixed: Security exploit
- Fixed: Sanitizations
2.7.6 – 21.03.2022
- Fixed: Sorting attendees no longer logs out the user (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/76)
- Changed: Moved upsell in «Events» page under the table. (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/55)
- Fixed: Bulk select attendees and custom questions (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/63)
- Fixed: Sanitization removing wrapper of custom plugin css (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/77)
- Changed: Improved some upsells readability (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/53)
- Added: UTM codes to upsells links (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/52)
- Added: Upgrade to PRO action link in the plugins page (https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/80)
2.7.5 – 11.01.2022
- Fixed: Sanitizations
- Changed: Text Domain – now same with plugin permalink
2.7.4 – 10.01.2022
- Fixed: Custom style loading on all pages. ( https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/66 )
2.7.3 – 25.10.2021
- Fixed: Added missing textdomain for translatsion and updated French translation ( Thanks to @mathroule )
- Fixed: Spanish translation – extra space was added to translation string
- Added: Lite vs Premium page
2.7.2 – 02.08.2021
- Changed: UI list tables for attendees and questions
- Changed: Sorting functionality for questions
- Fixed: Front input styling – https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/42
- Fixed: Importing error – https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/46
- Changed: RSVP Plugin menu link as so: RSVP Plugin -> RSVP and submenu RSVP Plugin -> Attendees – https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/45
- Fixed: Export from menu link sometimes doesn’t work – https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/44
- Fixed: Multiple inserts of question types in DB if the plugin is deactivated and activated multiple times – https://github.com/WPChill/rsvp/issues/43
- Added: Review request
- Changed: Folders & Files structure
- Fixed a problem where the «add new» custom questions change in 2.7.0 broke more of the functionality in the custom questions area.
- Updated German translation courtesy of Stefan Profanter.
- Change by Christopher Moncayo changing from using the «site_url» option and using the get_site_url function instead
- Updates to the French translation by Tony Martin
- Removal of the 20% coupon option as it wasn’t used too much and annoying to see
- Added an «upgrade» link to the admin area
- Added a «add custom question» button to the custom question list and removed «add custom questions» link in the admin area
- Changed the «+» graphic on the front-end to a button so it can be more easily styled
- Changed the open date message to not be wedding specific.
- Removed colons at the end of the first and last name labels so it matched the rest of the form.
- Fixed some warnings that occurred when adding a new attendee from the front-end.
- Changed the admin link of «RSVP Options» to «RSVP Settings» to make it a little more clear
- Changed the import functionality to use a new external library (Spout) instead of a non-maintained Excel parser.
- Fixed an issue where an error was thrown when a non-exact match was found for an attendee when they went to RSVP
- Changed the attendee table setup to try and go to utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci to handle emojis but fall back to utf-8 if it isn’t allowed by the database.
- A few more small translation string changes.
- Changed collation on the note field in the attendee database table so it can now handle emojis
- Changed some translation strings to work better for different languages.
- Fixed another problem with the admin attendee list not being properly formatted all of the time.
- Fixed a problem inside of the attendee list that was caused by the code reformatting.
- Reformatted the code a little bit.
- Included an updated translation for the Dutch language – thank you to Xander Lammertink!
- Fixed a few small issues that wasn’t allowing certain text to be translated.
- Fixed a small bug where names with apostrophe’s in them were not being found even when they should be.
- Cleaned up the code inside of rsvp_frontend.inc.php
- Added the passcode and other fields to the attendee confirmation email
- Removed a test file in a library we were using that was driving code quality scores down.
- Code reformatting on the first step towards a bigger rewrite.
- Changed the default yes/no RSVP text to be more generic.
- Added a trailing slash to the form links as this was causing some sites to do redirects instead of posting correctly.
- Did a replace of smart/stylized single quotes when importing or adding an attendee. This is to handle the case where another program replaces the smart-quote and attendees try to find themselves but they can’t because of the smart-quote
- Removed a CSS class for the primary «Yes» for RSVP. As it was causing issues with themes.
- Made it so the rsvp date can be sorted on the attendee list admin screen
- Made the associated attendee RSVP question to be formatted the same as the main RSVP question.
- Changed the attendee email to be HTML based and made it have better formatting when receiving the email
- Changed the export functionality so that associated attendees are separated by a comma instead of a newline
- Removed additional paragraph tags around certain form items so that each form input had a similar structure
- Added a stricter styling rule for radio and checkboxes to be displayed inline with their labels
- Added in functions to support the WordPress 4.9.6 personal data eraser
- Added in functions to support the WordPress 4.9.6 personal data exporter
- Fixed a problem with the frotnend form when the permalink structure was set to «plain» the form would no longer post to the correct page
- Fixed a bug with the latest release where it wasn’t working when PATHINFO URL rewriting was done vs. the normal mod_rewrite URL rewrite
- Fixed a problem with import with the kids and veggie meal options. This was reported by Roland.
- Changed how the URL was figured out for the form action. Used standard WordPress APIs instead of relying on the $_SERVER global variable which was causing problems in certain hosting configurations.
- Added custom questions to the main attendee email body so it would be the same as the associated attendees portion of the emails
- Made some small changes to the export functionality so it would work better with unicode characters
- Fixed a problem when an attendee is editing their RSVP the associated attendees would not reflect their current RSVP status
- Changed all the «password» text to be «passcode» to have consistent text
- Fixed an issue where the note field is displayed in the attendee list screen without escaping causing a persistent XSS
- Removed a warning when handling an RSVP and the note did not exist. This was reported by Benedict
- Updated Italian translations courtesy of Andrea Paris
- Added function exist checks for the nonce functions to avoid conflicts
- Added in some protections to help with duplicate submissions
- Fixed an issue where secondary level of associated attendees the RSVP statuses were not being recorded
- Added a revised French translation courtesy of Romain Silva
- Added an Italian translation courtesy of Andrea Paris
- Fixed a warning on the front-end when the first or last name were not inputted.
- Added a label above associating attendees in the edit form to make it more clear
- Moved the «custom message» for each attendee to be above the RSVP question
- Added a «back to custom question» link on the the custom question edit screen
- Changed the custom question permission level to «everyone» and «select people» to make it more clear
- Updated French translation courtesy of Thierry Dupiot
- Added in some more email text for localization
- Updated the pot file
- Small fix for custom question types not always populating
- Do not escape the characters within the style general option, as they are needed for some CSS selectors
- Modified the import process so on import it will update attendees if the attendee has already been added
- Fixed a typo in the Dutch translation
- Made it so the plugin is PHP7 compatible
- Changed the text for when the event registration is not open to be more generic.
- Fixed an issue where the notifications included private questions that people did not have access to
- Fixed an issue with the export functionality characters with accents would not render correctly with the Mac version of Excel
- Fixed a bug with import based on recent refactorings. It caused it so custom question private associations were not working on import.
- Fixed some warnings that were reported in the frontend file
- Made it so the import and export functionality to have similar formats, making it easier to import in exported data.
- Fixed a bug where the email address is not saving for new attendees
- Removed the max length attribute on the passcode field in the admin area
- Changed the Excel reader to spreadsheet-reader which is more supported and also handles additional formats (CSV, XLS, XLSX, ODS)
- Made a correction to uninstall script to correctly remove the database version
- Implemented a fix for foreign characters. Thanks to Pawel Zochowski for the fix!
- Added a feature to specify CSS styling via the RSVP options
- Added the email field to the attendee emails
- Added the RSVP icon to the admin menu area
- Changed the open date text to use the general settings date format instead of a hard coded date format
- Fixed an issue with custom question types when the custom question types have a different ID than expected
- Fixed a bug where if the email field was hidden and a new attendee was added it would not save
- Added the ability to delete the database tables and options when uninstalling
- Resurfaced the note field on the admin attendee list screen
- Incremented the tested version to 4.3.0
- Surfaced the date when an attendee RSVP’d
- Added in a Czech translation, thanks to Radek Strnad for providing the translation.
- Fixed an issue with the import process not handling unicode characters when trying to associate attendees
- Small fix to correct the problem of additional attendees having slashes in front of apostrophes on the front-end.
- Added in a fix for first and last name searching to work better with different naming schemes like Norwegian names, fix provided by Richard Mikalsen
- Spanish typo fix contributed by Andres Gomez
- Added a Norwegian translation supplied by Richard Mikalsen
- Renamed to the Finnish translation to the more common locale code, thanks to Andres Gomez for this fix
- Small text change to allow for localization, thanks to Henrik Palm for this fix
- Fixed a problem when exporting that the sprintf parameters wouldn’t always match
- Added some more front-end styling to deal with themes making the RSVP form unusable in some cases
- Added an option to disable user searching when a user is not found on the RSVP form
- A few translation bug fixes and a Spanish and Finish translation submitted by Andres Gomez Garcia!
- Made the multi-selects easier to use
- Added some basic styling to the front-end to try and prevent themes from hiding form elements
- Made it so you can pass in the passcode in the querystring when the passcode only option is enabled
- Added in a Dutch translation of the RSVP plugin, thanks to Marijn Roukensfor providing the translation!
- Replaced mysql_real_escape with WordPress specific escaping methods
- Removed all uses of $_SESSION variables
- Added all custom questions for associated attendees to email notifications
- Tested the plugin on 4.1.0
- Added in a French translation of the RSVP plugin, thanks to Beno�t Quentin for providing the translation!
- Added in a German translation of the RSVP plugin, thanks to Gernot Weber for providing the translation!
- Fixed a bug when emailing people in certain cases it did not have all of the information it was looking for. Thanks to Guillaume De Smedt for pointing out the problem.
- Added the ability to skip the first step if the querystring parameters existed for the form values.
- Added shortcode [rsvp]
- Fixed a bug that I introduced with the URL change in 1.9.1
- Fixed some internationalization errors pointed out by Alberto Manfrinati
- Changed the URL code to not use the $_SERVER variable as sometimes that does not match with the blog’s domain
- Fixed an issue where if you hide the email address the next time a person goes to RSVP their email address gets removed
- Added an option to add some custom text to the email sent to attendees
- Changed the editing of RSVPs so even if someone has RSVP’d you can edit their entry if they are associated with the person
- Tested to make sure the plugin worked on WordPress 4.0.0
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t deselect an attendee
- Modified the not found text to show something different if we are only asking for a password, thanks to Chris Moncayo for the patch
- Modified the text for the first step of the RSVP, thanks to Chris Moncay for the patch
- Fixed a bug with storing answers to custom questions, was using a comma but that interferred with how some answers were written. Will require saving questions again.
- Fixed a bug in the import process where non-ASCII characters were not being properly imported.
- Added in an option to only show a passcode for when a guest rsvps. When this option is on the passcode has to be unique.
- Fixed a bug where custom questions would not show up in the correct order when viewing the guest list in the admin area.
- Added all the other information along with custom questions to the emails that are sent to the email specified in the notification email setting.
- Added in an option to disable not have guest emails appear to be from the email specified in the notification option. As some hosts will not send out an email with a custom from header.
- Fixed a stupid bug where the option to hide the email address didn’t do it everywhere.
- Modified the guest emails so that it would appear from the email specified in the option.
- Added the RSVP Options page as a sub-menu item under RSVP Plugin
- Added in an option to hide the email address
- Fixed a bug with the new email field that made it so guests couldn’t be added
- Tested the plugin against WordPress 3.9
- Added in the option to send a confirmation to the person RSVP’ing. Go to Settings -> RSVP Options and select «Send email to main guest when they RSVP». Thanks to Reydel Leon for the code contributions.
- Added in an option to specify the number of additional guests a person can add
- Added in rsvpCustomQuestions as a div container for custom questions to help with styling
- Added in a fix to stop auto newlines from paragraphs from happening on older versions of WordPress. I remove wpautop from the_content filter when RSVP content is found.
- Fixed an issue reported by a user where the private custom questions did not get included with a new additional attendee
- Changed it so the first and last name are displayed in the question «Will X be attending?» where X is the person’s name. It used to only display the person’s first name.
- Small layout bugfixes that were introduced in 1.7.6
- Removed a warning reported by a user
- Changed the questions for additional people to have paragraph tags wrapped around them.
- Added the option to remove a guest you just tried to add
- Changed how RSVP’ing for associated guests work. You no longer have to select the checkbox but just select the RSVP option (yes or no) for the guest and it will assume you are RSVP’ing for the guest.
- Changed the default thank you message so it now has the main person’s name for RSVP’ing and any additional people that were RSVP’d.
- Made it possible to associate users with private question on import. See the import page for more details.
- Fixed an issue with the table sorting for custom questions not working correctly
- Added an the option to change the verbiage for the add additional guest question
- When the email notification is sent now the associated attendees statuses are sent as well
- Fixed some issues so notices would not surface
- Fixed some admin encoding issues, fix submitted by David Dinmamma
- Turned off autocomplete on the main RSVP form so people can’t see who else has registered from that computer
- Improved the queries to find related attendees when a person RSVPs
- Incorporated an SSL check fix found at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/https-problem-1
- Fixed an issue with a warning for an insert query. Notified by Chase Nimmer.
- Changed the passcode field to a password and made it so was not set to autocomplete for browsers.
- Added in an option to not scroll down to the RSVP form when a form post happened.
- Added the ability to do open registrations
- Added an anchor to the RSVP form to make it work better for single-page designs
- Fixed another bug so that the RSVP form works with more single page layouts
- Fixed some layout issues related to whitespace in the output
- Added an option to hide the note field from the front-end
- Added passcodes to the export
- Added passcodes to the import
- Made it so all of the front-end text was translatable
- Fixed a bug so that the rsvp form works with single page layouts
- Fixed a bug where the passcode was not being checked. Thanks to Jency Rijckoort for reporting the issue.
- Fixed a bug with the jQuery validate library that was causing an error with the 3.5.0 media manager. Thanks to Topher Simon for reporting the issue.
- Added in internationalization for the front-end piece of the RSVP plugin
- Changed the front-end layout from a table based structure to more divs with classes to be used for styling
- Added in sytling
- Made it so the plugin would only replace the plugin short code and not all of the page’s content
- Removed deprecated calls to session_unregister so it would work correct on PHP 5.4 and above
- Changed it so on new installs of RSVP fields that have free-form text will always be UTF-8 to minimize issues with unicode characters
- Fixed a bug where the passcode field would not always get created when upgrading. This caused the attendee list to now display in the admin area
- Also added some finishing touches to the passcode feature as it was released a little bit too soon
- Added in the option to require a passcode when RSVPing.
- Added in the option to change the «welcome» text
- Added in the option to change the «So, how about it?» text
- Fixed an issue with some MySql installations choking on the note field not having a default value
- Added in a debug option to help identify issues with queries saving to the database
- Changed how the scripts and stylesheets get added so there would be less conflicts with themes
- Made it so custom questions showed up on the attendee list page
- Added in a radio button as a custom question type
- Changed the RSVP notification email to include the RSVP status
- Fixed an issue with when searching for people with an apostrophe in it, it would display with the added escaping. Made sure to remove the escaping.
- Added in the veggie and kids meal total count to the list of attendees in the admin area
- Made it so admins can change the RSVP status
- Fixed an issue with international characters not being displayed correctly on both the admin and public areas of the plugin
- Fixed a bug that was causing an error on activation for people with servers that did not have short open tags configured
- Fixed a bug in the adding of additional guests when there are custom questions
- Added the ability to have a question be public or private. If a question is marked as private then only the selected attendees will be able to answer the question
- Tested the plugin on 3.0.0
- Added in the ability to sort custom questions
- Fixed an issue where you could not mass delete custom questions
- Removed some default text that pointed to my wedding site, doh.
- Created the ability to not allow additional attendees be added
- Created the ability to be notified via email whenever someone rsvps
- Added the ability to specify custom questions for each rsvp.
- Fixed a major bug that would not create the correct sql tables during initial install, thanks to everyone for letting me know.
- Fixed the options page so it works in MU switched from the old options way with using the newer methods that are only for 2.7+.
- Added the option of custom messages for each attendee.
- Small bug-fixed and code refactoring that I noticed while testing.
- Did better variable checking on the sorting functions, as warning could show up depending on the server configuration.
- Fixed an issue with the checkbox selector in the attendee list not working in WordPress 2.9.2
- Added an export button to the attendee list. When clicking this button the list will export in the same sorting order as the list
- Added the ability to associate attendees on import
- Added in checking when importing so names that already exist don’t get imported
- Fixed a warning when session variables were not created on the front-end greeting page
- Fixed a bug reported by Andrew Moore where when adding a new attendee and an option to hiding an answer the answer would still be visible
- Fixed a bug reported by Andrew Moore in the import feature that would not allow most files from being uploaded, doh!
- Fixed a few other small warnings and gotchas (also reported by Andrew Moore)
- Versión inicial